New plaster in existing pool

Apr 2, 2017
Lake Charles, La
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I am having my pool replastered and the water line tile replaced due to damage from hurricane Laura. The pool companies I have received quotes from all want to seek high dollar chemical startup packs. I don’t want to use these chemicals as I have had great success maintaining my pool through TFP advice.
So my question is, does someone have a procedure to bring my pool back up to the proper chemistry levels once the replaster is complete and the pool is filled back up with city water?

o my question is, does someone have a procedure to bring my pool back up to the proper chemistry levels once the replaster is complete and the pool is filled back up with city water?
Below is a link to info you should find valuable. But keep in mind that your new plaster job "should" have a warranty period, so check with your contractor to ensure you follow any company-specific rules (if applicable).

Reactions: aaronsoileau
Honestly, the safe bet is to let the plaster company do what they want to do, because if any problems show up later, regardless of the cause, they will 100% blame your startup.

Honestly, the safe bet is to let the plaster company do what they want to do, because if any problems show up later, regardless of the cause, they will 100% blame your startup.

And even if you do let them do the startup they will blame the problems on what you did after they turned it over to you.

A good startup does not need high dollar chemicals. The pool needs daily chemical checks and adjustments that cannot be done with once a week visits. And it needs frequent brushing. Few builders do it right or follow the plaster company recommendations.

You need to decide if you care more about what is usually a plaster companies worthless warranty or a good startup.

Reactions: scdaren
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.