New Pentair IC30 heat/burnt spot on top

picklebush

Silver Supporter
Jul 28, 2018
Hebron, Texas
I noticed this just this week. A burnt spot on top of my SWG. I installed it in October of last year. Operates with Intelliconnect and shuts off properly when water flow stops.

Is this something else I need to worry about? The unit operates about 33% and does fine for chlorine gereration.

Attachments

• IMG_4728.jpeg
    IMG_4728.jpeg
    383.4 KB · Views: 8
Is that burn mark on the sliding transparent cover or on the cell control panel?

If on the sliding cover I don’t think it came from the cell. I think something warm heated the cover.

Oh, that bulb in the picture could be the culprit.
Bulb? The green one? Seems to be an inch or away from it. I’m not completely dissing your suggestion. I’m just saying it seems too far away to be the burnt spot unless it’s some transistor or something that feeds the lightbulb. I can’t imagine this being a big power area, the light. I might have to go look at a diagram of the unit to see where the heat source is. Do you think I should worry about doing the acid bath? I can’t even phantom it. Has that much crusty buildup after only 6 to 7 months of use?

I might have an idea. I used outdoor Christmas lights on my pool equipment during freezing temps, covered by a tarp. While not intentional, one of the bulbs you see in the photos might of ended on top of the unit, therefor causing the burnt spot in both the top cover and top of SWG. Might of solved my own question lol

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I might have an idea. I used outdoor Christmas lights on my pool equipment during freezing temps, covered by a tarp. While not intentional, one of the bulbs you see in the photos might of ended on top of the unit, therefor causing the burnt spot in both the top cover and top of SWG. Might of solved my own question lol
I said that long ago. Just look at the shape in the clear cover. That says "bulb" all over the place.

BINGO! We have a winner.