New Pentair 011055 shipped with wrong drive (353251)

EricAZ

Jun 13, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I recently ordered a new Pentair 011055 pump and it appears to have been delivered with the wrong drive installed. I was looking to see how to flip the display and found that the connection between the drive and motor was not mated and could not possibly connect due to the shape and position of the connectors.

The box had writing in black marker that said “complete pump no drive” and “no drive”. I’m guessing that someone used the drive that originally came with the motor and then replaced it with the wrong one. The P/N on the drive is 353251.

I was hoping that I am completely wrong and someone here can straighten me out. Unfortunately I didn’t discover this until removing the old pump and cutting some plumbing. At the moment I am without any circulation.

Attachments

• pump_connector.jpg
    pump_connector.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 12
  • pump_drive.jpg
    pump_drive.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 13
  • pump_drive_connector.jpg
    pump_drive_connector.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 13
  • pump_model.jpg
    pump_model.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 13
Keep adding liquid chlorine each day and use your brush to move it around while you wait for your pump issue to be resolved.

The company called back today. They have a new 011056 that they will swap out tomorrow morning (local company). I recall Jimrahbe had a preference for the 011055 because he did not find the "by flow" feature useful. Other than that, are the pumps pretty much equivalent? I would like to get this installed sooner rather than later and I have seen several references that suggest the 011056 supersedes the 010055 anyway. Thanks for any insight.

I recall Jimrahbe had a preference for the 011055 because he did not find the "by flow" feature useful.

I'm not at all sure what I said.... But the 011055 is just a VS pump while the 011056 is a VSF or VS and/or VF. I would not pay extra for the VF... but the pump is the newer model and if it is the same price it is a deal.

I still see zero reason to have a VF pump. Maybe you will.. I am pretty sure that you can set the pump up as all VS or all VF or a combination of each.. Maybe you will find something that works better using the VF option. If you do let us know what that might be.

To be up front and honest, I have never used a VF pump.. But I did read through the manual and quickly decided I was not near smart enough to use one.. :)

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks for additional info. I don't remember the exact comment but I thought there might be concern about additional stuff (flow sensor?) that just was something else to break. I appreciate everybody's feedback and look forward to getting my pool back online soon.

There are no additional sensors. It's just software that calculates the flow and pressure from the power usage and rpm.

In my opinion, it's probably not super accurate across the full range.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.