mattcv

Jul 7, 2020
Mesa/Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I have a newly refinished pool, and am working to get it balanced. I have a Taylor FAS-DPD kit.

The first question is that the recommended levels on TFP are different than what is listed in the Taylor Water Chemistry guide. TFP is recommending based on type of pool interior, and Taylor does not... so that may explain the difference.

The second question is regarding new plaster (stonescapes micro pebble). What should I be watching for or being careful with?

Last question is if anyone knows of a good book on basic water chemistry... I have zero hard science education and am truly interested.

Lastly, just a thank you to the site and forum who got me through last year when I purchased this house with a greatly neglected pool that had undersized and aged equipment and a CYA over 100.... I was going to dynamite the pool until I found this site, thank you!

Your fill water has CH of 250 ppm and TA of 130 ppm. If you have softened water using that for fill water due to evaporation will keep the CH in check. Learn to manage your water using CSI. Poolmath calculates that for you.

How do you chlorinate?

Installer had a few trichlors in the skimmer basket but only liquid chlorine for me.

Installer and subs were great and highly recommended.... but love that no one mentioned anything about startup except to never shut off the fill water.

We have hard water here, and it gets worse during the summer when the demand can’t be met and they pump from an aquifer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.