Rockledge, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
Hey folks! I found your site a little while ago and started reading all I can. There is soooo much to read! We have two good quotes so far. We really like the geometric design with no rounded corners and minimal decking. One company uses Pentair and another uses Jandy. I haven't had many in depth discussions yet about equipment as I'm still reading up on it. For now, focusing on the design aspects. I'm curious what everyone thinks of the designs. Please feel free to add input and suggestions/ concerns. This is our first pool and we are super excited!

First design is 32' x 16' and the stairs are 8' x 6'. Second design is 38' x 16' at the longs point and the step out part at the end is 12' wide, stairs are 8' x 6'. On both designs the width were the stairs are is 22'.

Let the critique begin!

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2aa6.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2aa7.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2aa8.jpg

No, we are not wanting fake grass. It'll be real St. Augustine. We know maintaining it is going to be a pain in the butt at times but we love that aesthetic.

you're gonna end up with lots of edging every week and I hate to tell you that you'll also have grass in your pool after each mowing. personally I'd make that part of my decking to give you more room to entertain if needed and push it out from the house at minimum 8'.

nice design fairly close to ours. you might consider starting at 4' and not 3' unless you have little ones.

your slope of the pool next to your steps needs to be the same across in drawing #2.

We agree, I’ve already emailed the designer to remove the concrete squares and to just extend the deck. The intent is to have the full width of the stairs an even 3.5’. The slope will start at the “L.” We are planning on keeping the minimal decking around the rest of the pool. I know edging and mowing will cause a mess. We may regret it but love the look. We may go for a wider coping/edging.

What’s the reasoning behind the 8’ from the house? If we did that the pool is only 14’ wide.

I like the first/top design the best. You have more usable pool with this one. I worry about the corner on the other one with head bumps and the inside corner could be a dirt trap.

LOVE the steps size and placement!

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim. We are undecided. One of the reasons we like the longer one is for the extra space to swim laps. The shallow end is plenty big enough for playing basketball or volleyball or whatever, it's 21x8. The head bumps are always a concern and we are not sure about the swim out step in the deep end either. There never seems to be a good place to put it. As far as the corner being a dirt trap, we plan on getting a robot (not sure which yet) and we were thinking the robot would be able to clean it just fine. Is that thought process incorrect?

We can't make it longer. Initially it was supposed to be 38x16 but the AC is in the way. We are required to be 5' from the AC. That is where the notch in the pool comes from. Need HOA approval to move it and then all the money involved. So we are seriously considering the notch. Still trying to get feed back and figure it out. I staked out the ground and tied string around it to see which design we like better and to try to help with visualizing everything. One of the things I thought was the stepped area would give the kids a "zone" to jump from so they know where the deep end is. Not sure how well that will work in reality though.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We decided on the 32' long version, which is the top two, so no dangerous corner. 32x16 is still a lot of pool to have fun in. 3.5' to 7' deep. Thanks for the input. I started a new thread for the actual quote with some of the equipment listed. Thanks again for the feedback Kim!

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.