New Owner - Few SPA questions

sagosto

May 28, 2019
Mahwah, NJ
Hello,

I have a few random questions regarding my spa after searching. I have a Spillway SW-505 Stratford raised spa w/ spillover that I need to clean. The spillover gets most debris out and I use the spa only mode to get some of the dirt through the filter but there's still sand/debris at the bottom that doesn't get picked up. typically leave the cover always on to avoid more debris build up. I can't use my robot so how should I clean it? I believe I have a bad check-valve so the spa nearly empties when the filter stops running so I could not repair it and have easier access to cleaning the spa but that doesn't seem like the correct approach. Also, the air control knobs are leaking air and one is nearly shut tight. How do I go about diagnosing this?

I put my robot in my spa. Actually does a pretty good job!

Can you repair the check valve? What type is it?

The water disturbance by the robot flings the dirt around in ours and it gets picked up.

Is it perfect, no, but better than hauling out a vac hose and wrestling with that.

Reactions: gonfishin
How does the robot clean all of the various corners and angles? The seat is essentially curved and the bottom doesn't allow much room for the robot to clean?
Ours is pretty big (8×8) so the bottom is has enough room the the robot can get around, then climb the seats and do the waterline.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.