nickjohn35

Aug 26, 2023
Cincinnati, OH
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Our pool builder is closing our pool and installing a safety cover on Monday. I’m using the TF-Pro test kit and tested all my levels last night. I went ahead and added the recommended liquid chlorine to bring it up to SLAM level. Based on my other results I’ll probably add some muriatic acid and dry stabilizer. My water is a smidge high due to some heavy rains so I’m sure that messed with some numbers. Any suggestions or thoughts with my chemistry?

Last edited:
According to your test logs, lowering the pH would definitely be a must. Remember though, now that you've already increased the FC to SLAM level, any future pH testing will not be accurate, so adjust the pH based on that pre-SLAM number.

Your other adjustments sound good and you should be ready for Monday.

Reactions: nickjohn35
If it's a mesh cover, I'd leave the PH high. You'll get a couple feet of off season rain that has a Ph of 5 and most of us open very low.

Low Ph (in the 5s) wrecks liners, wrinkling them like a fingerprint with a bazillion lines, whereas a 8.5 is harmless so I'd always rather be high than low.

According to your test logs, lowering the pH would definitely be a must. Remember though, now that you've already increased the FC to SLAM level, any future pH testing will not be accurate, so adjust the pH based on that pre-SLAM number.

Your other adjustments sound good and you should be ready for Monday.
Awesome, thanks!

If it's a mesh cover, I'd leave the PH high. You'll get a couple feet of off season rain that has a Ph of 5 and most of us open very low.

Low Ph (in the 5s) wrecks liners, wrinkling them like a fingerprint with a bazillion lines, whereas a 8.5 is harmless so I'd always rather be high than low.
Yes. It’s a Loop-Loc mesh cover.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.