New Owner/Builder Pool - NorCal

Once they get done digging your first job begins. Take a tape measure out and see if it is long, wide, deep, etc enough. Add about 6 inches for gunite and plaster. NOW is the time to fix or tweak if wanted or needed.

Kim:kim:

Flashed pool before rebar was started so I don't lose the walls. Rebar started yesterday and plumbers did a little today before rains.

Attachments

• IMG_0058.jpg
    IMG_0058.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0060.jpg
    IMG_0060.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0059.jpg
    IMG_0059.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 344
After 1 week of rain and hoping my flash would hold up my walls we were able to get gunite installed. Original guy flaked on planned install date and postponed 1 day for his core contractors instead of owner/builder. I was able to find someone else to beat his price ($150/cy cash) and install my original planned day. It felt good to drop the original guy after he let me down. 62 cy and 8.5 hrs later.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyone have good contacts for waterscape/rock/waterfall work in Northern California?

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0101.jpg
    IMG_0101.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0102.jpg
    IMG_0102.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 313

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
How neat that looks! Glad you were able to find someone to do it! SWEET! Have you been bonding with your pool? aka watering it. This helps the gunite cure. There may still be some cracks but the plaster will fill them in.

This is the time I share some links for new pool owners. It is a LOT of info. so take it slow, one bite at a time.

Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Make sure to ask any and all questions you might have no matter how small! We have all been where you are at one point.

This is also when I tell you to get your test kit. This way you will have it and know what your fill water is like so you can have the chemicals ready for when the pool is ready for water. Look in my siggy below for the test kit I think is the best bang for the buck.

Kim:kim:

Still researching waterscape / rock company's between San Jose and Auburn. Does anyone have any contacts? Also looking for rock quarry in Northern CA to buy rock directly. Any suggestions or contacts would be greatly appreciated. I do have one quote for guy near Sacramento ($33k for labor and misc materials + tie in waterfall plumbing).

Started rocks about 2 weeks ago after +2 months waiting for weather to calm down and backyard to start drying out for the heavy equipment.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 185

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.