New Owner/Builder Pool in Las Vegas

Company said they'd fix it, to get them the spray deck number. I don't think it's that easy though as many of these are deep gouges and in the case of the photo actually took out shotcrete, how hard do you have to hit something to take out shotcrete? Was anyone supervising?

I told them I didn't want them to touch it until my decking guy had seen it and made his recommendation. The good news is they left a bobcat in my side RV yard which is now locked-up safely to ensure the situation is rectified to my satisfaction.

After my decking issue I'm not quite as excited about the rest of the project. But here are the pictures. Phase I is complete (with the exception of the deck repair). We had a huge storm roll through here over the weekend and the queen palms that are in the planters took a bit of a beating. They had to come back and install the poles next to them to keep them up straight. Said once they get established we can remove them.

Idea with the palms is to create a wall of palms (although it will be a few years) with my neighbors palms. Next year we'll put in some additional plants, got to recharge the budget.

Pots are in but not operational until Monday. I'll post a picture of the sheer descent and pots running as soon as they're going.

Phase II is the gazebo over the 12 x 12 pad towards the right rear but I'm going to wait a couple of weeks to start that.

Company said they'd fix it, to get them the spray deck number. I don't think it's that easy though as many of these are deep gouges and in the case of the photo actually took out shotcrete, how hard do you have to hit something to take out shotcrete? Was anyone supervising?

I told them I didn't want them to touch it until my decking guy had seen it and made his recommendation. The good news is they left a bobcat in my side RV yard which is now locked-up safely to ensure the situation is rectified to my satisfaction.

I would NOT allow THEM to fix it. They can pay your decking guy who does that work for a living to fix it!

I LOVE holding the bobcat! Good idea!

I love the pots and trees. I can't wait to see the water flowing!

Kim

Landscaping guys are paying for decking repairs.

They also dropped a piece of bailing wire into my pool and now I have a nice 3" x .5" rust stain on my plaster. Anyone know how to remove this? I'm calling my plaster guy today too.

Bright side of things, taught my 4 yo grandson who is staying with us for a month to swim on his own yesterday. Been having a great time with him in the pool.

Tile guy back today to finish pots!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I gotta say.... Your pool build has been one huge roller coaster of a ride! So many ups and sadly downs, too.

Bailing wire into your pool?! C'mon guys!! Somebody should have jumped in immediately to get that out of there! The landscaping company can pay for the rust stains, too!

Your palms look great! They'll look fantastic when they revive from the storms. And what's so great is I just noticed your neighbors have some great palms which are close to your yard! It looks like they are yours! Free palms!!!

What a blast to have your grandson with you! And it's such a treat to have him a month. He's not going to want to go home after getting to stay at such a resort! And spoiling, too, I'm sure! Come to think of it, I feel sorry for his folks when he returns to his home!!! Revenge is sweet, right?!!!

Thanks for the updates! We want to know!
Suz.

I gotta say.... Your pool build has been one huge roller coaster of a ride! So many ups and sadly downs, too.

Bailing wire into your pool?! C'mon guys!! Somebody should have jumped in immediately to get that out of there! The landscaping company can pay for the rust stains, too!

Your palms look great! They'll look fantastic when they revive from the storms. And what's so great is I just noticed your neighbors have some great palms which are close to your yard! It looks like they are yours! Free palms!!!

What a blast to have your grandson with you! And it's such a treat to have him a month. He's not going to want to go home after getting to stay at such a resort! And spoiling, too, I'm sure! Come to think of it, I feel sorry for his folks when he returns to his home!!! Revenge is sweet, right?!!!

Thanks for the updates! We want to know!
Suz.
Yes it has been, highs and lows. However, we're quite pleased with the final product.

Landscaping was the worst of them all. Four of the palms weren't getting water, decking guys broke a couple sprinkler pipes and I paid the landscaper to fix those and there was still one leak, I didn't have any water pressure due to the fact that they punctured a line, damaged decking, bailing wire in pool, didn't spray down my driveway and in front of my house like they said they would, this guy is a nightmare, a total nightmare . . .

Yes having the grandson here with the pool has been a riot. It's also kept us in the pool more than we normally would have been which is nice.

Yes, neighbors have several palms that we positioned ours between to hopefully some day create a wall of palms between our two yards and eventually some decent shade. We'll do more landscaping but want to sit on it for a season and figure out what we want to do.

We'll do more landscaping but want to sit on it for a season and figure out what we want to do.

That's exactly how I like to landscape. Well, how I like doing other things, too - like decorating, etc. I have to let ideas percolate once I've been putting things into place. See how I like it, move it around a bit, think on it! That helps me explain why the pool build has been difficult for me. I can't do something like tile, swim in it a while and then decide where to put the next - or maybe even move it. It's one decision and bingo, I'm stuck with it. But you've done a great job with all your decisions!
Suz.

My pots came with copper inserts that are attached to the spouts, I assume they're for instances where pots are not installed with enough clearance over the edge of the pool. It appears I have enough clearance and told the guy not to install them as I've heard copper can hurt your plaster or pool equipment or something along those lines so it gives you an additional element in your water you have to worry about. Anyone know anything about this? It's simply an insert molded to the shape of the spout on the water pot.

Just took a break and went out and looked at decking guys repair work, EXCELLENT! Can't even tell there was damage to the decking. Early this mroning I went around and put blue painters tape where the damage was (and where I put a rubber grill mat down that stuck to my decking and left black marks) and there were at least 30+ areas that the landscapers damaged. They fixed every one plus a couple I didn't see. Decking looks brand new like it should. They connected the water pots, now we just have to wait 24 hours for the sealer stuff they put in the bottom to dry and we can turn them on tomorrow and DONE!!!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.