New owner builder in Cave Creek, AZ

I had to go into work this morning before the acid wash crew showed up, but my wife has been home and sending me pictures during the day. From the pictures I'm pretty happy - It looks like lots of sparkles from the shells. Probably not as much bling as Big Will's but more than I was expecting. My kids are really happy and are planning to jump in as soon as it's full.

When I get home, I plan to get the pump running and get some stabilizer and chlorine in the water...

IMG_2331.jpgIMG_2332.jpgIMG_2333.jpgIMG_2334.jpgIMG_2335.jpgIMG_2337.jpgIMG_7104.jpgIMG_2336.jpg

Woohoo!! I see a lot of sparkle! It's looking beautiful!

Did your wife make sure they knocked down any little pebbles sticking up with their diamond pad??

Did you use lightwaves for the glass tile?

My wife talked to the crew about knocking down the pebbled that were sticking up. I don't know if they listened to her or not, but thx for the tip.

Yes the step marker tile is NPT Lightwaves Aquamarine 1x1 tiles. We thought about using that tile all over the pooll, but I got worried about the maintenance of glass tile on the waterline so we just used it on the steps

- - - Updated - - -

Almost full....

IMG_2341.jpgIMG_2342.jpg

The girls waited for me to get home and they both did a cannonball into the pool. I've turned on the pump ad everything seems to be going OK. I will add some chlorine and some CYA tonight and then test my levels in the morning unless I should be doing something different.

- - - Updated - - -

So pretty! Do you love it? Your girls are so cute. I bet they can't wait to jump in [emoji847]
Feel around on the horizontal surfaces (Baja, steps, benches) for pebbles sticking up - if they're there, you'll find them.

I will do that - thanks again for all of the tips!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I got up this morning and checked the skimmer basket to see if the dry stabilizer I added in a sock has dissolved overnight. There was a small bunny stuck on the tile ledge at the inlet of the skimmer. At first I couldn't tell if he was still alive or not. I was able to get him out of the skimmer and he was breathing but not moving much. I just left him alone on the deck as I started to brush the pool. After about 10 minutes he hopped away. Hopefully this isn't a daily event because I don't know if I will catch them all.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I have a question. I realized that between my tile crew and the plumber, the opening in the waterline tile around the aerator pipe never got grouted. The opening for the aerator pipe is above the waterline, but when there are people in the pool the water definitely gets into this opening.

I'm assuming this is just a cosmetic item and I plan to grout it when I have some other touch up work done. Is this OK to leave or could the water getting through the opening in the tile cause problems for me down the road?

I'm not totally sure about the grout issue around your aerator, but I would be inclined to get that grouted ASAP. It seems like water could definitely get back there.
Glad you saved the bunny!!

How is the sparkle? Post some pics, or message me with close ups of your finish. [emoji39]

Here are some more pictures. I'm really happy with the way the finish turned out - Thanks to Big Will and Azsunsents for the inspiration on the shells. I wasn't planning on paying for the upgrade to add shells, but after seeing the sparkle on their two pools I added a double batch of shells to mine.

I'm brushing down and checking chemicals daily - So far so good. I'm in town for another week and then I go on a trip for a week, but I think I will be able to have things balanced and stabilized before I go on this trip thanks to all of the good advice I've received here.

Here are a few pictures, including the bunny that was stuck on the ledge at my skimmer yesterday (he survived and thankfully I didn't find any animals in my pool today), my finish, sheer descents running, and a shot of my pool lights as I was playing with them.

I'm having some challenges with my travertine crew, so the raised bond beam isn't finished and needs to be redone. I'm going to wait to do that for a few weeks until my pool plaster has had time to cure just in case some mortar gets into the pool when the raised bond beam gets fixed. I still have a good amount of general clean up around the pool area to do as well as finish up some basic landscaping and construction items, but I think I'm on the home stretch
IMG_2347.jpgIMG_2348.jpgIMG_2351.jpgIMG_2354.jpgIMG_2344.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.