New Owner-Builder - Gilbert, Arizona

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
But the wife and I really don't like steps. it's easy to have issues with steps when you or your family/friends are drunk.
Lol. I get it. I do. And there have been MANY a beverage *cough* kegs *cough* had at my house. But if somebody is literally fall down drunk they have no business being by the pool in the first place. The tipsy people will navigate just fine.
What I find funny, is that on this slope, the pool is almost an above ground pool. the PB would only have to go down a couple of feet
Depending on the land and the design that could be worse. True retaining walls generally require an engineer and a lot more construction than just laying some blocks down. Many ‘retaining walls’ are simply called so for the look. Technically the Hoover Dam is a retaining wall also. Big difference in price. Lol.

Desert Dog

Apr 4, 2020
Alpine, Ca
You may only have to dig a couple of feet for your water depth, but depending on the slope and height of the wall, you will have to dig a deep footer the length of the wall. Then they will have to frame the wall to prepare for shotcrete. There is still plenty of work to be done.

You don't want the pool sliding down the hill.