New owner/builder build in Miami, Florida

Framed out the equipment pad; concrete crew will be here Monday or Tuesday to pour it. We're almost ready for water!

1-FFE7-B80-817-C-4-B7-F-B6-EC-5-C9-F5-B4-BEE0-E.jpg

What waterproofing did you do on the SPA / waterline tile? How long are going to let the shell dry before plaster?

What stone is that coping....doing a great job btw, subs seems really good!

PS. Put a drain near that pad, so that the water has a place to go when you want to drain some water from the pool, and or wash the filters. Also add a water spigot for a hose, and power outlet for the robot. Also nice to have a light in that area.

Last edited:
What waterproofing did you do on the SPA / waterline tile? How long are going to let the shell dry before plaster?

What stone is that coping....doing a great job btw, subs seems really good!

PS. Put a drain near that pad, so that the water has a place to go when you want to drain some water from the pool, and or wash the filters. Also add a water spigot for a hose, and power outlet for the robot. Also nice to have a light in that area.

The concrete will sit roughly 3 weeks before plastering assuming everything goes to plan.

The stone is marble, but it’s sandblasted so it’s not slippery when wet. It’s called ice white but after wet seal, it’s more of a gray tone.

Thanks for the recommendations on the pad. I have a water spigot close by to it.

Alright, tile and coping will be done today. Electrician will be by tomorrow. Almost done!!

I do have a question regarding the startup of the pool. What's the recommended way to start up a saltwater pool? I've seen some different options. I'd like to start buying everything (chemicals needed, testing etc) to be ready to go.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is a guide to new plaster startup. You will need to know what type of startup you intend to perform. Others can more fully discuss the more complicated but better method of a bi-carb startup. Since you are an OB, I'll also give you this link...Plaster Start-Up Guides - Further Reading and this...Plaster Installation and Maintenance - Further Reading

This is from our Pool School:
Startup New Plaster

An example of the sequestering agent discussed in the link above is EasyCare Startup-Tec

The main items you will need are muriatic acid as new plaster causes pH to rise for some time. You'll need CYA, liquid chlorine, possibly a source of calcium depending on your fill water (I use this - Amazon.com : Snow Joe AZ-50-CCP Melt-2-Go 94% Pure Calcium Chloride Pellet Ice Melter, 50-lb Resealable Bag : Garden & Outdoor), and salt (after 30 days).

For testing I'd highly recommend the TF-100 with SpeedStir and Taylor K-1766 salt test options. You should also probably get the XL option since your pool is new because it gives you an extra of both items needed to test free chlorine which you will be doing more frequently than normal the first year especially as you learn your pool's behavior. TF-100 Test Kit ™ I personally also always use the sample sizer to get perfect quantities of test water in the tubes. Sample Sizer Measuring Tool It will seem like a bit of an outlay but it will be the best investment you make in your pool.

Thank you! I'll go ahead and stock up on some stuff to be ready.

Electrician came by yesterday to do the 360 bonding/grounding. Had a virtual inspection with the county today and inspection was approved!

7236904-A-9-ED5-4-A2-A-BEAF-74-C58973-BEF2.jpg

E0-B4546-A-61-B9-425-B-A49-F-CB483-A3-D7-CD0.jpg

441-B6765-28-BF-41-ED-A4-DA-A429-D7-ECA233.jpg

Also had a team come out to pour the slab for the equipment. I really should have had them do this while they were here doing the pool shotcrete, but I didn't and it ended up costing me a little more. You live and you learn!

343-E22-CD-8-AD4-4662-8-D8-A-9-E84-BC8-B3-CDE.jpg

• Love
Reactions: kimkats

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.