New owner/builder build in Miami, Florida

Infusion Pool Products Venturi Return Fitting | Threaded 1.5" Inlet | White | VRFTHWH
$20.51
$61.53

Pentair IntelliBrite 5G LED COLOR Pool Light for Inground Pools | 12V 100' Cord | 601012
$594.07
$1,188.14

Jandy Pro Series Neverlube 2"x2.5" Positive Seal 2-Port Valve | 4716
$52.38
$366.66

Jandy Pro Series Neverlube 2"x2.5" Positive Seal 3-Port Valve | 4717
$45.00
$135.00

Jandy Pro Series 180 Degree Spring Check Valve 2"x2.5"| 7305
$49.32
$98.64

Pentair Clean & Clear Plus Cartridge Filter | 420 Sq. Ft. | 160301
$769.46
$769.46

Waterway Poly Storm Gunite Spa Jet | 3-5/8" Reverse Swirl | Twin Roto | Dark Silver Gray | 229-2839S-DSG
$23.58
$188.64

Waterway Inground Poly Storm Jet Body | 212-0390
$8.75
$70.00

Pentair Admiral™ S20 Skimmer for Concrete Pools with Circular Weir 2" Slip Ports | 84420505
$132.52
$132.52

AquaStar 32" Channel Drain with 3 Port PVC Sump | 32CDLTP101
$214.86
$429.72

AquaStar 7-1/2" Umbrella Stands with Sleeve and Center Cap | Clear | US100
$8.56
$17.12

Pentair Color GLOBRITE Shallow Water Color LED Light 12V 150' Cord | 602056
$307.80
$615.60

Pentair UltraTemp Heat Pump 125K BTU | Titanium Heat Exchanger | Digital Controls | Almond | 460933
$3,285.00
$3,285.00

Pentair Colorvision LED Bubbler Gunite Niche Kit | 580037
$87.58
$175.16

Pentair IntelliCenter Complete Control System | Common Load Center with i8PS Personality with IC40 Cell (2 IntelliValves) | 521903
$2,856.47
$2,856.47

Pentair IntelliFlo Variable Speed High Performance Pool Pump with Digital Time Clock | 3HP Max | 011028
$1,190.00
$1,190.00

Here's the first quote that I received for my pool equipment. What do you all think? Anything I should add/subtract?

Jorge,

I do not see anything on your list that raises any red flags..

Most Florida filters are dinky, yours is not, so that is a good thing.

The IntelliFlo is a great pump, and in my mind the industry Gold standard of pool pumps.

The IntelliCenter with IC40, is the way to go, as long as your pool volume is 20K gallons, or below.

I personally like to see two skimmers and four returns, one on each "side" of the pool.

You currently have two IntelliValves, which will be used to switch between the pool and spa modes.. If you intend to be able to control your bubblers via automation, you will need at least one more. I suggest you look at how you want to use any water feature and determine if automation makes sense.

I like the idea of channel drains.

Why do you need two check valves? You will need one for the spa return line, but if the other one is right after the heater, it is not required as you will have a SWCG.

I do not see any pool cleaner "stuff" and assume you plan on a Dolphin style robot. If so, a great idea.. I would leave the vacuum line shown in the drawing, just in case..

Thanks and good luck with your pool build.

Jim R.

Reactions: kimkats
Jorge,

I do not see anything on your list that raises any red flags..

Most Florida filters are dinky, yours is not, so that is a good thing.

The IntelliFlo is a great pump, and in my mind the industry Gold standard of pool pumps.

The IntelliCenter with IC40, is the way to go, as long as your pool volume is 20K gallons, or below.

I personally like to see two skimmers and four returns, one on each "side" of the pool.

You currently have two IntelliValves, which will be used to switch between the pool and spa modes.. If you intend to be able to control your bubblers via automation, you will need at least one more. I suggest you look at how you want to use any water feature and determine if automation makes sense.

I like the idea of channel drains.

Why do you need two check valves? You will need one for the spa return line, but if the other one is right after the heater, it is not required as you will have a SWCG.

I do not see any pool cleaner "stuff" and assume you plan on a Dolphin style robot. If so, a great idea.. I would leave the vacuum line shown in the drawing, just in case..

Thanks and good luck with your pool build.

Jim R.

Jim, Thank you very much for your time!

IMG_1073.JPGIMG_1074.JPG

Spent the weekend getting the backyard ready!

We had only two of the permits get sent back for changes/clarification. My engineer has corrected the plans and I have the new/updated plans and will be taking them down to the permit office on Tuesday. I'm hoping to have the final permits some time this week and break ground next week.

Exciting times!

Reactions: joeramirez
Good job getting it all ready to go! How exciting there were only two items that needed to be tweaked. SWEET!

You are going to want to take any fabric items in as they will be very dirty fast from the dust and such. I would also cover anything that might be harder to clean as well with a tarp.

Kim:kim:

Reactions: jorge18

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice looking design. I live in a county where you can get a permit same day.....in theory..... I had to go back and forth with a couple of revisions myself. It is a sigh of relief when you have it all approved for sure.

Reactions: jorge18
Good job getting it all ready to go! How exciting there were only two items that needed to be tweaked. SWEET!

You are going to want to take any fabric items in as they will be very dirty fast from the dust and such. I would also cover anything that might be harder to clean as well with a tarp.

Kim:kim:

thanks! Definitely will be covering the outdoor kitchen once the work begins.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.