New owner build in North Texas

Plumbing and steel are done. Had a little freak out moment when the steel guy was shaping the bench on the grotto all wrong. Asking google to translate only goes so far! My husband explained it to him the night before, before he left out of town and it seemed like he understood. Not sure why he wasn't doing it right, but I think he just didn't want to redo his work and he already had the copper wire on it. Thankfully, the gunite guy showed up to look at the pool. He just so happened to have a guy with him who spoke Spanish (what an angel!!) After he explained it to him, he finally got it, and I totally lucked out!! Gunite guy assured me that most of his crew speaks English-PHEW!! Gunite is supposed to be on for tomorrow, depending on the weather...Please don't storm tonight!!
20160405_124918.jpg20160405_125029.jpgDSC_6850.jpgDSC_7014.jpgDSC_7020.jpg

And that is why I say to BE THERE for big days like that...............but even being there does not always stop mistakes as seen here :( So close to being a big problem............be Thankful for :angel: that just happen to show up at the right time.

Kim (I bet you are correct in that he thought you would not make him redo it if he acted like he did not understand :( NOT nice of him at all)

Ahhh exciting times for you! Glad you were able to get the bench shape corrected. Looks like you'll be ready just in time for the summer!
I'm glad my husband noticed from the pics I sent him! It's hard for me to visualize this thing with steel :D I really do hope it's done for plenty of summer swimming!!

And that is why I say to BE THERE for big days like that...............but even being there does not always stop mistakes as seen here :( So close to being a big problem............be Thankful for :angel: that just happen to show up at the right time.

Kim (I bet you are correct in that he thought you would not make him redo it if he acted like he did not understand :( NOT nice of him at all)

I'm sooo thankful I can be here! I work one 12 hr day shift on Sunday and a Monday night shift, so I won't miss out on any of it!! Ya, that guy was probably not a happy camper and I really need to work on my assertiveness! I always feel bad. My husband has been in the construction industry for a long time, so he knows how they can be and has no problem telling them what's up (just wish he was in town) :D I even gave the guy some dos equis when they were done, despite him almost jacking up my pool. I guess that's why I'm a nurse!

Well, the skies opened up this morning and it POURED! Looks like the rain is over, i hope!! Gunite rescheduled for tomorrow. Looks like the weather is looking good from here on out:p
20160411_082336.jpg
I tried diverting the downspout away from the pool

20160411_084833.jpg20160411_085204.jpg
A little bit of earth falling down and some crumbling at a few areas. Not too bad though! The excavation guys threw out some portland all over the pool and deck area after they were finished to help if it rained.
Should I remove the dirt in those areas before the gunite to make sure the shell gets it's appropriate thickness?

I have been meaning to post more pics, but this past several weeks have been crazy! Things are moving along and we are getting close to the end, YAY! The only issue we have had was that the plumbers had plumbed our grotto with our pool and spa instead of separately. They had to come back and drill two holes in the gunite to put in the new pvc. I had told my hubby prior to plumbing to make sure they gave us a layout as to exactly how the pool will be plumbed. He insisted that it would be done correctly so I let it go. I wanted to make sure they put that dedicated line in for suction (they did) and that's when we found out the mistake. Lesson learned! Here are some pics of our progress...

DSC_7304.jpg

DSC_7325.jpg

DSC_7324.jpg

DSC_7801.jpg

DSC_7804.jpg

DSC_8160.jpg

20160426_133806.jpg

20160427_112127.jpg

DSC_8170.jpg

20160503_095204.jpg

20160504_132643.jpg

20160504_172620.jpg

20160504_172907.jpg

20160509_110430.jpg

You HAVE had a LOT of progress! LOVE the waterfall and kids pics! I bet they are SO ready to swim!

Gurrrrrrr on the plumbing! Unreal but fixable. Bet they are hating life right now.

Kim:cat:

My husband gave them the list of our pool equipment that included TWO pumps, so not sure how that was missed. Here is a pic of what they did...My husband made them dig deep, so they are down lower and it won't suck in your bathing suit :p

20160511_1157401.jpg

20160511_1548221.jpg

We just passed our electrical inspection today. It's supposed to rain tomorrow, but if we get lucky and it doesn't, the decking crew will be here. Friday is looking like a nice day if tomorrow doesn't work out :) We are going to go with salted concrete, but still not quite sure about the color. I was looking at PoolDv's and really like the color of his!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
We have our deck completed. The color came out lighter than what it should have. It's a little blinding in the sunlight!:cool: We have a great deck guy and he wants us to give it a little time, then he will come out and try an acid wash to see if that will help tone it down a bit. Honestly, it doesn't really bother me anyways. Now we have to figure out what we want to do with our patio concrete. We did the salted concrete when we built our house, but it's still the ugly gray. Here are some pics of our progress...

20160512_1657151.jpg

20160518_0944581.jpg

Screenshot_20160523-0026391.png

DSC_8424.jpg

DSC_8425.jpg

DSC_8429.jpg

It's still alive!

DSC_8428.jpg

20160519_1734001.jpg

20160518_1523201.jpg

DSC_8430.jpg

DSC_8433.jpg

DSC_8431.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.