New owner, battle weary, what to do next?

Thanks to all.

I added about "4ppm" (+120oz 8.25% Clorox) this morning and will add another "8ppm" today (one around 4pm and one around 6 or 7pm).

The water was sparkling clear this morning. I hope we can keep it this way ... and eventually swim in it. (We have not yet gotten to use it.)

d12b0bf1d051a1126cdf55b0ea12121a.jpg

Since I'm not testing fc every few hours. I'm starting to think about fixing the pool light and the slide.

Slide: I replaced some of the slide plumbing already but when I ran it yesterday I heard a waterfall under the concrete. ... uh oh. I tried to pick up a concrete slab but there was another slab underneath. For now we will run a hose to it (after I pick up some more plumbing) but does this sound expensive or problematic to you experts out there?

Pool light: We have no idea where the light switch is. There is a switch inside the house that controls the circuit breaker for the pump and filter and there are two circuits that look like they might have a water type reset (one at the meter and one in the basement). I tried to remove the top screw for the light (of six) and bubbles came up. Also, it might have been nerves but, I thought I might have felt a little electric pinch. I quickly replaced the screw and stopped playing with it. Any suggestions on how to fix the light? I have a multimeter. Should I get some sort of special waterproof induction probe?

Thank you in advance.

We've been swimming in the pool for about two weeks. Thanks!

Returned home from week long trip today and XL kit had arrived.
added ~5ppm chlorine
6.5 fc
0.5 cc
8.0 pH
1 drop 7.8
2 drops 7.6
130 ta
125 ch
40 cya
added 1 cup sodium bisulfate
Will try OCLT. Seems to lose about 2.5-5ppm a day from Sun. Is this normal?
Water is clear and have been scrubbing algae from caulk periodically using brush.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Bleach. You don't want to be increasing your cya. Dichlor increases cya.

- - - Updated - - -

Once you're done slamming then work on increasing cya. If you increase cya while slamming you're likely to have to start maintaining an even higher fc threshold.

~6pm
2.5 fc
0.5 cc
added ~5ppm ... out of bleach
~8pm
7.5 fc
0 cc
turned off filter for night

Thinking I might add 16oz dichlor per day for 3 days to get cya up to 50.
Seems like sun is burning up all the chlorine.
Any thoughts on this?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.