New Northeastern Pa Build

Hey will. Good to hear from you!

ya always something. Once this is over I’m done. Except for my theatre but like i said before that’s a journey not a destination kinda thing.

Jim

Happy heart here! That pic is SO cute then the title...........puts it over the moon! He is so used to you and your camera he did not even worry about it!

THAT is the pic you can show his sweethearts later in life to watch him blush!

Kim:kim:

So will you be building the pool house over the winter or wait until spring?

we are going to start framing feb/march'ish so my buddy and his older brother who did the block work can start bricking early spring after winter breaks. my buddy who is framing is on a commercial job through the holiday so when he is done there I'm on the burner. i told him start whenever really after xmas. no big deal framing in the snow cause we are using the zip system for the walls and roof so it can take some weather plus its open on the 1 side. only 2 fully inclosed room but we can get hose under cover with shingles. the only open area will be where the fireplace comes through the roof so that can't get finished/flashed and the hog back can't be finished till the brick comes up through.

my goal next year is to get the building totally done so i can get my fence up. i still don't have a fence up. then i can finish the steps, retaining walls, pavers, and rest of inside of building but at least the fence will be up and after brick all the mixing and really dirty work is done.

jim

- - - Updated - - -

Happy heart here! That pic is SO cute then the title...........puts it over the moon! He is so used to you and your camera he did not even worry about it!

THAT is the pic you can show his sweethearts later in life to watch him blush!

thats kim. he is getting better with pics. lol kate has always been easy. lol kason a bit tougher.

he is very good at ignoring me. especially when i need him to do something. lol

that bear has been through the everything. every disney trip. every road trip. in the truck to school everyday almost. that duffy has been loved so much.

** side story** that's why minnie made duffy, so mickey wouldn't be lonely when he was away from minnie. duffy was there to comfort him and keep him company.

you look at his eyes you see the love he has been given. really really good friends of ours from Pittsburg gave it to him when he was a baby and it has never ever left his side.

jim

Love the side story. Thank you! SO how many times has someone had to turn around to go back for the bear?

Your love for your children comes through each time you talk about them. It makes my hear happy! :hug:

thanks kim!

the bear is a blessing to him and a thorn to us. it gets left in my fathers truck at least 3 times a week and we don't realize till bed. ya guess who gets a phone call at 8. thankfully my parents live 2 mins away. always always being left in cars.

when we go away we literally check for the bear and my daughters bear before our plane tickets when leaving the hotel. they travel in my camera bag only. at all times. that way i can be the one who looses them. give to them on the plane. get hem back before getting off plane. back and forth back and forth. every morning make sure they are placed in my bag when we leave the room. you can't even imagine. i know they are just bears but they mean so much to them. gives them comfort. ya my daughter is 8 now and still wants it with her too, but i don't care. keeps her my little girl. it's not like she can't go to bed or somewhere without it cause there are nights yes she forgets it up my parent's or something but she just goes to bed. doesn't phase her anymore but Kason still wants duffy with him all the time.

i don't know if it's funny, loving, or sad as i type this. lol

CUTE and LOVING! and oh so sweet!

LOL on the bears riding in YOUR camera case and checking on them FIRST! Good parenting!

Some of my favorite families do the same kind of thing.....allow their child to have a "lovey" for as long as they need/want it. Takes some creative thinking on my part to see how they bring it into the classroom without anyone else really noticing it. We have clipped fur from a fav stuffy and sewed it in a bag to keep in a pocket, taken pics and let them keep it in a pocket or backpack to be looked at as needed, etc. It makes the transition to "big school" much easier for all!

Now go give all of them big :hug: for me!! Kids and bears!

Lol thanks Kim. I will! Thankfully they never tried sneaking them into school! It’s mostly night thing and early morning cause still tired cause it’s only in the am either ever try to take them if home.

As a side note I started a new thread cause I had to add chlorine and acid already. 14 days since closing and cause it isn’t getting cold my fc dropped 7 and my acid was at like 9. I mixed in both for 2 hours each. Got back in line. Numbers r good again. Sump pump works good in the deep end to mix. I just hope it all mixed and nothing is sitting on the bottom or by walls at water line. I assume no cause my readings r good now and they r liquid anyway so nothing to really sink and sit if that makes sense. Just worried cause I have heard if it doesn’t mix well u can get a ring at water line cause of acid not mixing. But I mixed it for 2 hours each chemical. Should be fine. I couldn’t let it go my CSI was over .87.

Hey Jim, I really enjoyed catching up on your thread. What a precious child and precious photo!

My son, Nick, had a terry dish towel when he was that age and younger. My other son, Matt, had a blue bunny. We did just like you with keeping up with the towel (called "B") and the bunny (called "Bunny" - duh... Lol!). I checked for those items even before my purse! A credit card can be replaced, but NOT a "B" or "Bunny".

Btw, our pediatrician said babies and youngsters having a comfort toy/item was healthy. It showed they were learning/able to self comfort.
Suz

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hey Jim, I really enjoyed catching up on your thread. What a precious child and precious photo!

My son, Nick, had a terry dish towel when he was that age and younger. My other son, Matt, had a blue bunny. We did just like you with keeping up with the towel (called "B") and the bunny (called "Bunny" - duh... Lol!). I checked for those items even before my purse! A credit card can be replaced, but NOT a "B" or "Bunny".

Btw, our pediatrician said babies and youngsters having a comfort toy/item was healthy. It showed they were learning/able to self comfort.
Suz

Hey Suz!!!!!

I think it's ok too. It does teach them to self comfort and modulate on their own. I totally agree!

Once they get old you can't pull a switch-a-roo and they believe it is the same toy cause it's so worn out. Would totally know if you replaced it with a shiny new one. lol

jim

hey there for anyone still checking in. i handsome covers made for my equipment. i know you don't have to cover them but i got maybe 60 dollars dumped into this whole project.

i bought 3 covers that looked like they would fit each piece of equipment i have from plow and hearth. we have a store near me so figured i could grab diff ones and return what didn't fit. then i marked off the opening and took them to a lady to cut and sew the openings i marked.

that's it. some tipties and done.

jim

Untitled by Jim, on Flickr

up next is fun with wires. i'm making some changes to one of my racks in the house to make room for the amps for outside along with the networking equipment i'll need. while i am doing this i am adding 2 HDMI 4K extenders over Cat6A for my kids nintendo switch and future games systems in the adjacent room. i want the game units under the tv to be able to load games but all the equipment is over in the rack.

jim

Looks like a good job there. I started bringing in my pump last year after it seized last spring from dampness. It then sounded terrible and he replaced the bearings. Now its re-plumbed so it's pretty easy to get out. My only caution would be that if any water does get in there, it won't dry out and then you have a damp enclosed area. But there are trade-offs to everything. Sitting under a pile of melting snow for a month or three isn't dry either!

Lucky family with your tech knowledge!

Lucky us as well! Jim is wonderful about sharing his knowledge! He was able to tell me how to set up my surround sound and it only took three PMs back and forth! The look on my husband's face when the sound came booming out of the speakers was SO worth it! Of course I gave Jim full credit as without him it would not have happened! :hug:

Jim those covers look awesome. You did get all of the water out of there right? (I know you did but have to ask just in case.)

Looks like a good job there. I started bringing in my pump last year after it seized last spring from dampness. It then sounded terrible and he replaced the bearings. Now its re-plumbed so it's pretty easy to get out. My only caution would be that if any water does get in there, it won't dry out and then you have a damp enclosed area. But there are trade-offs to everything. Sitting under a pile of melting snow for a month or three isn't dry either!

Lucky family with your tech knowledge!

Thamks man. I never thought about the holding moisture aspect. I was mostly worried about the salt cell. It’s wrapped really right. Overlapped all the way around. The other 2 pieces it’s a trial and will see what happens. I can always check them in a few weeks and see what’s up. Takes 2 mins to undo and redo.

Thanks for those thoughts though. Gave me something to be aware of!

jim

- - - Updated - - -

Lucky us as well! Jim is wonderful about sharing his knowledge! He was able to tell me how to set up my surround sound and it only took three PMs back and forth! The look on my husband's face when the sound came booming out of the speakers was SO worth it! Of course I gave Jim full credit as without him it would not have happened! :hug:

Jim those covers look awesome. You did get all of the water out of there right? (I know you did but have to ask just in case.)

hey Kim. Glad the tv is working well. That did go kinda easy! Lol. You guys did the work. I just led u down the path.

Yes they they were all dry.

Disnt get get much done last night. My son got a new Lego train as a gift. An old Christmas one from a few years back. I spent most the night redoing track so he could add it to the others to run. Tonight I want to rebuild the engine and wood tender box with a remote controlled motor so he can control it like the others.

So here are some pics for anyone who ever wondered how racks work for custom installs. I am prepping for my amps and network pieces to power my 2 outside pool zones this spring. I also am adding 2 HDMI over Cat6A for a nintendo switch and other gaming machine in our lower living space for the kids. I have been using these a lot more lately for future proofing since HDMI changes so often. They work perfect. I only use Atlona cause they test properly and certify their specs. plus their warranty is 10 years. Mono price make some nice baluns also but when it comes to 4K and now HDR its a totally diff animal. These ones I used don't do HDR. they do up to 4K along with all audio up to the new Dolbey Atmot standard. They require Cat6 A shielded end to end wiring to to work reliably.

typical shielded cat6a. notice the metal that hugs the sheath. it holds the drain wire which shields the cable. totally diff tools used to terminate also. the ends are also totally diff. they deff take some getting used to to terminate. the wire is also a bear to run. so stiff.

one end is powered then the other end is powered over the cat6a so only one power supply is needed. you pay for that but makes it easier for organizing and keeping everything clean looking.

new shelves stripped down and ready to go.

side view with lacing bar to organize wires and new power pack above to keep all the power nice and neat. this gets fed above to a line conditioner.

installed and tied down

then everything gets custom faceplates for each component or for things that change a lot like cable boxes or the baluns i just did they go behind blanks like above.

this is just how we typically run our bundles. i keep them labeled and up in the joists tim they are needed and they are then pulled out and tied in and service looks are left above like in the rear of this pic. not the nicest looking but it's the cleanest way to keep everything accessible and also to keep service loops so you aren't married to ur layout in the rack incase you got to shuffle. i never cut to length anymore. you get in trouble that way. only the geeks get to see the back anyway. the front is the money shot and what matters for finished product.

i have a pic in my thread of a finished rack wit the trim strips covering the screws so it totally looks built in. also how i trim and set the rack in the opening helps for the overall finished look.

IMG_3433.jpg by Jim, on Flickr
this kinda shows a nice profile of how i steps everything to get the finished built in look.

IMG_8542 by Jim, on Flickr

there is that finished pic with trim strips in place. the other rack is for the audio and video only for a dedicated room in the future. that rack will only house audio and video. no network or anything else that doesn't have to do with just the dedicated rooms audio and video. all the power for this equipment is on its own leg of the service for the house and grounded side and outside on its own along with being it it's own sub panel so there is zero ground noise issues. it's called star grounding. it's what they do in recording studios and other rooms like that.

just wanted to share. net step is to prep my zones for the spring. i have figure out how i'm carrying the audio to the amps in basement from the closet upstairs where the head units are. either cat5e or RCA with baluns. haven't decided yet. keypads will be on their own cat5e end to end cause it's the only way to power them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.