New NC Pool Under Construction

My goodness that is SO pretty!! Glad the "lazy river" is going a good job keep that area clean! Thanks for the sharing!!!

Kim:kim:
No problem. Now I need to up my pool game.
Holy infinity Batman!! Hadn’t seen this build thread before. I’m not shy about expressing my anti-in-pool-spa opinions, but if ever there was one that could convince me, it’s yours. That thing is amazing!! Congrats!
Thank you Dirk. That is very nice of you.

Looks fantastic! Our dig is set for February 3rd and we still can't decide on pool color. Right now its stonescapes Tahoe blue so I would love to see more pics of your pool finish. Thank you!
Will do, note we did mini pebble and added glass as well. I can snap some Saturday or Sunday when the sun comes out. I do love it when it gets full sun. It even reflects onto our house and into rooms through the windows.

It's really nice in the sun today. Yesterday was too cold and overcast for this to really be of any help. Note we added glass as well. I wouldn't go any darker than this imo. Also pool lights don't shine that birght in my pool. My neighbor who got the white pebblesheen finish gets way more luminescent(his shines too much, the reflection makes his and his nextdoor neighbor's house glow).

Attachments

• IMG_20200126_130653.jpg
    IMG_20200126_130653.jpg
    829.9 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20200126_130637.jpg
    IMG_20200126_130637.jpg
    786.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_20200126_130631.jpg
    IMG_20200126_130631.jpg
    693.2 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_20200126_130616.jpg
    IMG_20200126_130616.jpg
    693.6 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20200126_130611.jpg
    IMG_20200126_130611.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20200126_130555.jpg
    IMG_20200126_130555.jpg
    572.8 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_20200126_130605.jpg
    IMG_20200126_130605.jpg
    700.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20200126_125544.jpg
    IMG_20200126_125544.jpg
    712.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:
Oh, thank you. I'm in several threads, and just finished reading another, that tell tales of pool construction disasters. So depressing! Like how I had to stop watching The Walking Dead, I just couldn't take any more!! The pics of your pool, and that amazing spa, are just what I needed this morning. And the little duck (which made me smile) has helped me restore my faith in humanity!! I think I'll sign off the forum for today and leave on a good note!

Sidebar: I wrote a post once that described some considerations for picking a pool finish color. I warned about how the color changes with depth, and to be aware of that phenomenon when comparing the colors of different pools. Your pool is quite an example of that. Amazing how much the water affects the color of the finish. I love how your spa's tiles pick up all the various colors of your pool, the greys, the blues, even when the colors shift towards green based on the angle you view it. Great job.

Oh, thank you. I'm in several threads, and just finished reading another, that tell tales of pool construction disasters. So depressing! Like how I had to stop watching The Walking Dead, I just couldn't take any more!! The pics of your pool, and that amazing spa, are just what I needed this morning. And the little duck (which made me smile) has helped me restore my faith in humanity!! I think I'll sign off the forum for today and leave on a good note!

Sidebar: I wrote a post once that described some considerations for picking a pool finish color. I warned about how the color changes with depth, and to be aware of that phenomenon when comparing the colors of different pools. Your pool is quite an example of that. Amazing how much the water affects the color of the finish. I love how your spa's tiles pick up all the various colors of your pool, the greys, the blues, even when the colors shift towards green based on the angle you view it. Great job.
Thank you for the kind words, we debated the tile and using travertine for a long time. But we were set on Tahoe Blue. We did change to mini pebble and glass late in the process. I feel like pool construction is generally brutal. It seems that pool contractors rarely have strong customer service and often mediocre sub contractor oversight. We got lucky that our GC hired the best tile and coping crew in the region but our decking is terrible likely due to the tile subs cost. We also went 4 months over schedule as our GC failed to order our glass tile on time and we had to wait for the tile sub mentioned above. But I think most on here agree the juice is worth the squeze. Or I hope so since I haven't really gotten to use the pool itself yet.

It's really nice in the sun today. Yesterday was too cold and overcast for this to really be of any help. Note we added glass as well. I wouldn't go any darker than this imo. Also pool lights don't shine that birght in my pool. My neighbor who got the white pebblesheen finish gets way more luminescent(his shines too much, the reflection makes his and his nextdoor neighbor's house glow).
Thank you for all of the wonderful pictures! So what color glass did you guys use and how much? Or is this the Tahoe blue Puerto Rico blend? Thanks again! Pool is beautiful.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Modern your pool is beautiful.
What was the travertine holes filled with. I’m looking into travertine but am concerned the dirt and mold will get into the holes.
Thanks

My stone guy taught me how to use a two-part epoxy, that can be color-tinted to match, to fill my indoor travertine. The existing filler (from the factory, I presume) pops out once in a while. I fill it back in. I've never dealt with the "outdoor stuff" around a pool. I expect the material and the maintenance is similar, though I don't know if pool-deck travertine is a different beast.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.