New NC Pool Under Construction

ModernCha

May 29, 2019
Charlotte, NC
Unfortunately, I found this website after signing the contract, but I did get 8 quotes, so hopefully I covered most of the bases. Let me know what you think.

Only a few changes from the details/design provided below: we are placing 2 ft wide artificial turf around the sides rather than decking, and the spa tile will be Oceanside Muse Tourmaline Iridescent (7/8” x 7/8” offset) with the rest of the waterline tile being NPT 6”x6” simulated quartz grey. The glass tile we were originally quoted has mesh backing so we changed it to a paper mounted product. We are also looking at an additional deck drain to help with any storm water, etc. I attached a photo of a landscape design as well.

Pool:
Size – 16’ x 32’
Shape – Rectangular
Depth – 3’-6” to 6’-0”

Spa:
Size – 7’ round (360 negative edge, elevated 8”)
Specs – Six jets with tile facing, 1.5hp air blower, 400 000 Btu Jandy® heater w/ gas hookup and Wireless I-Aqualink

Steel Reinforcing - #3 rebar 10” on center, 12” bond beam w/ 8” walls
Shell – Pneumatically applied minimum 4,500 PSI (Lifetime warranty)
Skimmers – One large-mouth (turbo-assisted) skimmer w/ leaf basket
Main Drains – Two VGB compliant main drains w/ anti-entrapment covers
Returns – Three dedicated returns, plumbed in an equalized loop
Vacuum Line – One dedicated suction line for cleaner
Equipment – All Jandy® Pro-Series licensed materials are warranted for three yrs
Pump – Jandy® Stealth 2hp up-rated pump JEP 2.0SVRS
Filter – Jandy® C340 sqft. Cartridge filter w/ dedicated drain line
Lights – One Jandy® Full color LED light in pool and one in spa
Freeze protect – 24 hour timeclock with freeze protect sensor
Cleaner – Jandy® MX-8 Elite upgraded cleaner
Coping – Ivory bullnose travertine coping
Deck – ~600 sq ft of ivory travertine decking with deck drain ($16.55 per sq ft)
Interior Finish – Stonescapes Tahoe Blue Regular Pebble
Salt sanitizing system: Aquapure plc 1400

Total package: 80k, not including landscaping, additional drainage, fence, and artificial turf

Attachments

• CBCFB924-69F2-4F73-A621-8EFCE8A1F656.jpeg
    CBCFB924-69F2-4F73-A621-8EFCE8A1F656.jpeg
    667.6 KB · Views: 144
  • 6390EFDC-B229-4B0A-B84E-F8E2FA89C516.jpeg
    6390EFDC-B229-4B0A-B84E-F8E2FA89C516.jpeg
    593.6 KB · Views: 152
  • E4E2C99D-8F50-45BA-8837-925ECA4266F5.jpeg
    E4E2C99D-8F50-45BA-8837-925ECA4266F5.jpeg
    544.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 8DEA3E35-1816-47DC-A5F5-54349B381742.jpeg
    8DEA3E35-1816-47DC-A5F5-54349B381742.jpeg
    458 KB · Views: 153
  • ABA905B1-C78A-4950-8DA1-06CD6ED84AD3.jpeg
    ABA905B1-C78A-4950-8DA1-06CD6ED84AD3.jpeg
    381.5 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Plumbing was two weeks ago, everything went smoothly but the wrong pump was delivered and installed. Monday the landscape drain went in and they covered the plumbing. Curious to know what the timeline will be like until completion. Let me know if you see anything that we may need to have the PB address.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Where the pipes go up you need to find something to put under them to support them from the dirt and being walked/driven (mower and such) on. You can put sand under them but will need to have something to "hold" the sand where you want it and so it is firm enough to really support the pipes.

Are you going to be able to get to the filter to work on it? Hard to tell from the pic.

Is there a light close to the equipment? How about a hose bib close? You will thank me the first time you have to go out in the dark to deal with the equipment. The hose bib close will be very helpful to clean the filter right there.

Kim:kim:

Our pools final inspection was completed this week. True to form our pool builder dint bring it up to me for 3 months so I had to check my permits online to see they were still open. I then had to call him to go over what the inspectors check and then adjust install gate springs and the door alarm. But I guess all is well that ends well. I think we have a pretty nice and unique pool now. I can't wait for spring when we can fully landscape the yard. We still have artificial turf pending to go around the coping and deck as well.

IMG_20191127_203115_677.jpgIMG_20191218_105527.jpg

Reactions: monoptn
I bet that thing really shines in the sun!!!

I can't wait to see how you feel about the total overflow around the spa as time goes by. PLEASE let me know how it is to clean around it and if the water splashing is a problem.

The reflections are a lot of fun. It sets off my rear camera alarm daily due to the reflections.

The overflow is amazing and super easy to clean. A pump outlet pushes a strong current through the channel. All I do is make a wave I'm the spa and all spa debri goes to the overflow channel and out right near the skimmer. The whole overflow design works much better than we had hoped.

SWEET! Where did they put the return for the channel? What kind did they use? Did you have to play with the angle at all? How close to the bottom of the channel is it? SO much to learn!

Oh and how is it to get into and out of the spa?

LOL on the reflection setting off the alarm! That is some serious BLING right there!

I will take a a few picture of return tomorrow as I am sure I will describe it incorrectly. The spa is easy to get in and out so no complaints. But we do have to warn people the first time they come over to not step directly on the tile ledge.

Holy infinity Batman!! Hadn’t seen this build thread before. I’m not shy about expressing my anti-in-pool-spa opinions, but if ever there was one that could convince me, it’s yours. That thing is amazing!! Congrats!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.