New motor needed, looking for thoughts

Kj,
I guess what I was looking to do was to have "myspillway" run during the daytime hours when we are outside, and we would continue to get the "waterfall" effect that we like. But I dont want to run pump at a high speed so I thought I could set it up like "spillway" but a lower speed.
Kj,

Seems like the following would do what you want.. No?

Not sure I completely follow, but just keep in mind that if you have two or more circuits on at the same time, the fastest pump speed always wins.

So..

If Pool = 1500 and MySpillway = 1800... As long as Pool and MySpillway are both on, you will never run lower than 1800. As soon as MySpillway is off and Pool is on then the speed will drop to 1500.

The system is kind of set up to expect that you will either be in the Pool or Spa mode. It can work other ways, but it works best if you are always in either the Pool or Spa mode.

If you normally want to run in the daytime at 1800 and at night at 1500 use the following example.. (Change the speeds and times as you want)

Schedule Pool to run from 8 am until midnight.
Schedule MySpillway to run from 8 am until 4 pm.

What will happen is that the pump will come at 8 am and you will be in the Pool mode
MySpillway will also come on at 8 am and cause the pump to run at 1800 RPM.
At 4 pm MySpillway will shut off and the pump will slow down to 1500.

In my mind the system can do exactly what you want.

Thanks,

Jim R.

forgot about the pool light question, although Im not sure I can answer anyway. I do know it is not LED if that helps.

Guinness, thanks for the info in post #55. I am reading thru that info as well...Appreciate all your help!

thanks again Jim. I agree it can do what I am wanting to do. I guess I just need to figure out the best way for my preferences and then set it up that way. Everything seems to be working well, I was confused about the pump running at 3450 but now I understand it is the priming. I was unsure about what "myspillway" should do but you've helped clarify that for me.

I'll look further into the External Control mode info that Guinness pointed out as well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.