New member & pool owner

young192

Aug 22, 2019
Beaverton, MI
Hi all!

I convinced my boyfriend that we should buy a pool this summer, what started as a $50 one-summer-only impulse buy but quickly turned into buying a more expensive pool that we would try to make last a few years. We just bought our house last September, and I’m so excited to finally have a pool even though it’s starting to get a little colder out here in Michigan. We spent the whole summer working on the area of our yard that we were going to put it up in ?

My uncle introduced me to TFP and helped me get started in taking care of it. I got algae pretty bad while filling it up so I’ve been following the SLAM method and I’m so pleased with the progress so far. I’ve read so many great things on here already- y’all are just plain awesome!!

We bought a 21’x48” Bestway Pro Steel pool..... not too fancy but it came with a bigger pump than most “Walmart pools” and other various accessories.

I hope to learn and become more of a contributing member soon! ?
-Katie

Attachments

• F2268F99-B324-422B-AC50-D52D35446AF6.jpeg
    F2268F99-B324-422B-AC50-D52D35446AF6.jpeg
    585.3 KB · Views: 6
I should also add that we’re aware our pool isn’t level.... we actually put a lot of work (by hand) into prepping the ground and I thought we did an awesome job. But the water line obviously shows that’s a lie! We are going to focus on improving that next year. I also wrote it’s 21’ and it’s actually 20’. Oops!