New Member / Owner

The only thing it could be is something was defective or not set right in the new part, or the housing below it is somehow letting water through into places it shouldn't. The housing below is discontinued years ago and not available anywhere, so if that's what is wrong, I'd have to get a new MPV - and I don't know what will fit my filter, and it probably would require the plumbing to be reworked.

Sigh.

I don't know anything about the MVP. I just wanted to hop on here and suggest that you get an auto sweep for that dedicated suction line, once you get all the other stuff taken care of. I have a 4-wheel Poolvergnuegen with an inline leaf canister. It's almost a necessity with all the greenery you have growing around your pool. I have mine hooked up all the time, unless there are kids swimming, then I take it out and cut power to the pump. I have my valve set to half skimmer/half cleaner. All I have to do is empty the canister when it's full. It happily does it's thing without me, even with our solar cover on.

Poolvergnuegen

Reactions: IceShadow

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Inyopools is sending me the missing o-ring. Kinda was thinking they'd offer something else for the hassle of taking it apart (I bought the whole thing because they said most people don't want to deal with disassembling it), but oh well. I'm sort of a pushover on this stuff.

Next issue.

My filter pressure and water jet output has started to plummet sometimes. I can turn the pump off, then back on, and that seems to correct it. Skimmer and pump baskets clear. Any idea what might cause that?

Next issue.

My filter pressure and water jet output has started to plummet sometimes. I can turn the pump off, then back on, and that seems to correct it. Skimmer and pump baskets clear. Any idea what might cause that?

Your filter is clogging from algae or something in the water. Turning the pump off and on lets the stuff come off the sand and settle into the bottom of the filter which allows the pressure to go back to normal until it clogs again.

Do a Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

How old is your sand? When was it last deep cleaned?

OCLT passed fine, chlorine levels studiously maintained with 3-6 FC for 30 CYA, 0CC. Sand age unknown but taken out a few weeks ago and cleaned one wheelbarrow load at a time. High organic load above the pool.

Something is in the water and clogging the filter to slow the water flow. You may need to open the filter and take a look.

You seeing a change in filter pressure when flow slows?

Something is in the water and clogging the filter to slow the water flow. You may need to open the filter and take a look.

You seeing a change in filter pressure when flow slows?
Yes, it drops greatly from around 15-20 down to ~5 PSI.

Can it be related to the seals and o-rings on the MPV leaking? Dealing with that right now.

Yes, it drops greatly from around 15-20 down to ~5 PSI.

Can it be related to the seals and o-rings on the MPV leaking? Dealing with that right now.

If it was algae or something clogging the sand I would expect filter pressure to rise, not drop.

MPV leaking water before it gets into filter would lower PSI.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.