New Member / Owner

Rip taken care of. Retested. Hard to say what the CYA is. I could see it at 30 but just barely. I will probably want to add some. Will record it as 20 for now and get some stabilizer tomorrow.

Looks like a bit of water is still draining - not a lot, maybe 1" overnight or so, but if water is moving past the tape I expect that to get worse. Looks like I can't wait for the water to warm up to tape around the edges, and I'm really, really pushing my wife to agree to spend the funds on a liner replacement and to have someone do it so we don't try to do it ourselves and screw it up. >.<

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, I asked if she had a suggestion for something to hang the CYA in, in front of the return. She suggested a mesh bag that has a broken zipper that she used to wash her sports bras in. Working amazing - 2 hours in front of the return and the 2 lbs is almost gone. :)

OK, so remaining issues.

1) Vinyl liner old - getting quotes now. Patch seems to be holding. I kept thinking I was losing water, but now I'm not so sure and if I am it is (so far) pretty minimal, especially compared to the huge drop I saw before.

2) Heater not working. My uncle isn't getting back to me (he must be busy) so I may need to see about having an HVAC person look at it.

3) My filter pressure doesn't ever seem to go up. It DOES seem to go down sometimes by quite a bit, and then I backwash and the pressure goes back to normal. Is this a problem? The guy who helped me open my pool (a pool guy but he didn't charge me anything) said the pressure could go down or up, and if it does to backwash, but here all I've ever seen is 25% over normal, not under....

4) Still get some gathering spots of what is either dust/dirt/dead algae on the floor, but since it only happens with the pump on and OCLT seem good, I'm assuming it's dust or dirt. Some of it poofs away when vacuumed and some of it goes in the vacuum pretty well. How do I make sure I don't need to do a SLAM?

Only way filter pressure goes down is your flowrate drops, suction side leak with lots of air, or there is channeling in the sand.

Only way filter pressure goes down is your flowrate drops, suction side leak with lots of air, or there is channeling in the sand.
Not much air in the pump basket (maybe some tiny bubbles, not perfectly clear water, but certainly not lots of air) and we just cleaned the sand a couple of weeks ago by removing all of it and rinsing it one bucket load at a time in a wheelbarrow.

Icy does your gauge drop to zero when the pump is off? Does it go right up as soon as the pump is primed and going good?

The dirt/sand-I almost always have something in my pool. I have lots of trees around as well as the cats that like to drink out of the pool and put their little paws in it :roll:

Kim:kim:

Icy does your gauge drop to zero when the pump is off? Does it go right up as soon as the pump is primed and going good?

The dirt/sand-I almost always have something in my pool. I have lots of trees around as well as the cats that like to drink out of the pool and put their little paws in it :roll:

Kim:kim:
Yes and yes to the first question.

And good to know on the second. Just odd that it only shows up when the pump is running - but maybe the movement of the water is making currents that gather the dust in one place. Nothing to do but vacuum until budget allows a robotic cleaner I guess....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.