Silver Supporter
Feb 23, 2022
Dickinson, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
New member here from Texas, near Galveston. Greetings to all, and I look forward to learning a lot about taking care of my pool from you folks here. It's been 20 years since I have had a pool, previously above ground, so learning all over and learning that I didn't know much about taking care of one back then. So, very new to this other than basics.

Hey Tox and Welcome !!!!
Its been 20 years since i had a pool, so learning all over and learning that I didn't know much about taking care of one back then
We didnt know much of anything back then. 'Member when the world was gonna implode cuz the clocks said 00 ? And for some reason that meant 1900 and we were all Little House on the Prarie but computers weren't invented yet so they didn't know what to do about that ? Yeah. (y)

Its best if you just start from scratch. Maybe some stuff you remeber worked. Also maybe some things didn't, but you did't realize they hurt.
Start here and ask away at anytime : ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Hey Tox and Welcome !!!!

We didnt know much of anything back then. 'Member when the world was gonna implode cuz the clocks said 00 ? And for some reason that meant 1900 and we were all Little House on the Prarie but computers weren't invented yet so they didn't know what to do about that ? Yeah. (y)

Its best if you just start from scratch. Maybe some stuff you remeber worked. Also maybe some things didn't, but you did't realize they hurt.
ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry
Hey Tox and Welcome !!!!

Thanks for that link! It is amazing what I didn't know and realize back then, and if I had a site like this then, a lot my headaches would have only been minor ones.

Welcome to tfp 🤗
Do some homework reading the links posted above (while u snuggle that cutsie pup 🐶) & get a proper test kit - Taylor k2006c or tf100/pro Test Kits Compared so u start out on the right foot with accurate measurements.
You got this! Post your results & any questions u have & guidance will follow😊

Reactions: Newdude
Welcome to tfp 🤗
Do some homework reading the links posted above (while u snuggle that cutsie pup 🐶) & get a proper test kit - Taylor k2006c or tf100/pro Test Kits Compared so u start out on the right foot with accurate measurements.
You got this! Post your results & any questions u have & guidance will follow😊
Thanks! Just in the few weeks of reading here since I took over my new pool, I have learned the mistakes I made those many years ago. I was just monitoring for chlorine and Ph, and adding pucks to my floating chlorinator till the pool needed drain and refill. Always thought it was just my well water :) Didn't know squat about all the CYA I was pumping into smaller pool, much less any other parameter. Now, I'm learning the bigger picture.

The first bit of bad advise I've gotten was from the local and famous pool store, which told me all I needed to monitor was chlorine and Ph and let them monitor the remaining. Nope, this time is going to be different.