New Member from Florida

phildg

May 28, 2020
sarasota, florida
Hi All!
After living in my home for 36 years after the Live Oak tress I did not want to cut down to accommodate a pool starting dying (big limb loss fortunately away from the house), we decided to build a pool with sap (we always had a spa) and extend the patio area. After much planning and contractor searching we took the plunge. While it took a while to break ground, we are in the pool a little while after the Stonescape was in for over a week and the pool company handling the start-up said it was safe as long as there was not a large party on the pool. The contractor indicated the gallons of water would be a bit over 13,000 for a 12'x28' rectangle with 7'x7'x28' spa. I got a letter from the Utility company telling me I had a high usage of over 18,000 gallons. Could be because the deep end is around 7 feet and not six and half way down the 12' it is around 5'. While I was not counting on the extra water cost, I know the excavation enhancement cost a significant amount which I do not have to pay for and it will be that much safer when my grands decide to jump into the pool (the real reason for the pool). I will say it was quite nice to jump into the pool after setting up some lounge chairs mu wife bought on-line. When googling for answers, TPF comes up all the time so I decided to not "lurk" and intro myself. Thanks for all the helpful advice.

Post up your question in the appropriate sub forum -- add a picture to help us understand what you are concerned with.