New Member from Florida

phildg

May 28, 2020
sarasota, florida
Hi All!
After living in my home for 36 years after the Live Oak tress I did not want to cut down to accommodate a pool starting dying (big limb loss fortunately away from the house), we decided to build a pool with sap (we always had a spa) and extend the patio area. After much planning and contractor searching we took the plunge. While it took a while to break ground, we are in the pool a little while after the Stonescape was in for over a week and the pool company handling the start-up said it was safe as long as there was not a large party on the pool. The contractor indicated the gallons of water would be a bit over 13,000 for a 12'x28' rectangle with 7'x7'x28' spa. I got a letter from the Utility company telling me I had a high usage of over 18,000 gallons. Could be because the deep end is around 7 feet and not six and half way down the 12' it is around 5'. While I was not counting on the extra water cost, I know the excavation enhancement cost a significant amount which I do not have to pay for and it will be that much safer when my grands decide to jump into the pool (the real reason for the pool). I will say it was quite nice to jump into the pool after setting up some lounge chairs mu wife bought on-line. When googling for answers, TPF comes up all the time so I decided to not "lurk" and intro myself. Thanks for all the helpful advice.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Post up your question in the appropriate sub forum -- add a picture to help us understand what you are concerned with.

phildg

May 28, 2020
sarasota, florida
The actual usage was greater than 18,000. The notice also came very quickly after the pool fill. I was somewhat surprised about the amount of water but knew it would be greater than what the anticipated use would be.