new member converting from Baquacil to Chlorine

Geegelouise

Silver Supporter
Jun 18, 2019
Berkshires, MA
Hi everyone,
My username is a nickname from my funny little granddaughter. She calls me Gigi but somehow it morphed to geege louise ( Like Geez louise)
We have a Crestwood, onground pool (12, 600 gallons,) 15 x 30 with a 6 foot hopper-oval. I have a cartridge filter-Hayward c-400
I have successfully used Baquacil for many years until last year...anyway-we decided we need to convert to chlorine upon opening this season. Got a late start on opening this year -mostly due to weather. So... i just began the conversion - had it open and did not add anything-it actually looked pretty good so I questioned my decision to convert for a moment :)! Anyway, we have begun the conversion process with a little guidance from the 1 pool store in the area. No one around here will deal with above ground pools so its been tricky. So very grateful to have found this forum.
Pool water a light green now...stay tuned :0

Love, love, love your happy picture and the story about your name is so sweet! Funny how those things work out!

Have you found this: Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine - Trouble Free Pool How about this sub forum? Baquacil - Use and Conversion

I am also going to call in @Leebo as this is the main reason he found TFP and he is now the IT guy here!!! How neat is that?

I will tell you we LOVE pictures of the conversion! Such colors and yuck to be seen LOL

Kim:kim:

Reactions: Geegelouise
Love, love, love your happy picture and the story about your name is so sweet! Funny how those things work out!

Have you found this: Convert Your Baqua Pool to Chlorine - Trouble Free Pool How about this sub forum? Baquacil - Use and Conversion

I am also going to call in @Leebo as this is the main reason he found TFP and he is now the IT guy here!!! How neat is that?

I will tell you we LOVE pictures of the conversion! Such colors and yuck to be seen LOL

hi Kim,
Thank you for your reply, i will take a picture and upload it today. Just went out there before work and took out the filter, rinse it out and put it back in. Keeping the pressure down to circulate this water! :) This morning it looks like key lime pie water! :eek::LOL:

awwwwww man.... key lime pie!?:? I wanna see that water!! And all the squirly bits of goo Bacqu makes!

I'll just say welcome to TFP and YOU are gonna LOVE Chlorine!! Especially with little ones in the pool. Much cleaner and nice.... tons cheaper too! <gotta save for the toys, right???>

Maddie :flower:

You can put an old T-shirt on a flat net to help scoop out some of the yucky stuff.

Do you sew? you can make and put a "sock" around the filter to help keep the bigger stuff out of the folds. Use elastic on the top to keep it on. I would make 2 or 3 so you can have one ready to go so you don't have to stop the filter.

EWWWWWw that is UGLY!! LOL

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
awwwwww man.... key lime pie!?:? I wanna see that water!! And all the squirly bits of goo Bacqu makes!

I'll just say welcome to TFP and YOU are gonna LOVE Chlorine!! Especially with little ones in the pool. Much cleaner and nice.... tons cheaper too! <gotta save for the toys, right???>

i wanted to say thank you for the welcome! I am already so grateful for the help and the nice people i have found in this forum. :) Looking forward to playing in the pool. I love being in water! Not water with Baqua goo however. :ROFLMAO::LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: kimkats
:laughblue: Can you imagine being in the pool and some of that goo floats by your legs..?!?! Eeeeeck! Just like a fish or something!? <Maddie faints dead in her tracks, goes paws up>

Keep up the work... keep that FC at 15 as much as possible. The payoff *will* be worth it!

i know right! I am originally from Rhode Island-grew up in salt water-when seaweed touches my leg...AHH!:shark: Took me a while when we first got a pool to let my legs dangle in the water and not be alert. Too funny, its looking a bit better-flushed the cartridge several times- even ran home at lunch to do it. I can just see the bottom now!! ( not anywhere near clearly but i have hope!!) will take more pics tomorrow in the light. You have been so incredibly helpful. o_O:LOL::ROFLMAO: Thank you :lovetfp:

Update: no more chunks of Baqua goo. I can see the botttom even in the deep end but from top looks green- take a sample in clear bottle looks clear... fear of stains because of Baquacil goo? Keep feeing it chlorine and on my 3rd cartridge. I think this one will be ok. FC not holding for very long. Brushed and vacuumed - hoping for pretty blue soon! ??
Ordered the recommended test kit also. Thanks to pool school!

Update: no more chunks of Baqua goo. I can see the botttom even in the deep end but from top looks green- take a sample in clear bottle looks clear... fear of stains because of Baquacil goo? Keep feeing it chlorine and on my 3rd cartridge. I think this one will be ok. FC not holding for very long. Brushed and vacuumed - hoping for pretty blue soon! ??
Ordered the recommended test kit also. Thanks to pool school!

Attachments

• 766A4B68-DC25-4784-805B-5A3A4CE0FEF5.jpeg
    766A4B68-DC25-4784-805B-5A3A4CE0FEF5.jpeg
    613.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 54235E50-7BB9-4F96-858D-CEC91AECE1A1.jpeg
    54235E50-7BB9-4F96-858D-CEC91AECE1A1.jpeg
    542.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Love
Reactions: kimkats
Whoohoo!! I am happy to report a crystal clear beautiful pool!! Thank you TFP for all your help! Could not have done it without your knowledge and exper

Attachments

• 8C9658F8-9FB3-4BBA-B841-3472257B550A.jpeg
    8C9658F8-9FB3-4BBA-B841-3472257B550A.jpeg
    633.2 KB · Views: 5
  • 4B6BE2F9-900F-48B5-B383-3CFDA37C774A.jpeg
    4B6BE2F9-900F-48B5-B383-3CFDA37C774A.jpeg
    763.7 KB · Views: 4
  • FA450F0B-9F8D-40F9-BBAA-72D2DA938620.jpeg
    FA450F0B-9F8D-40F9-BBAA-72D2DA938620.jpeg
    697.4 KB · Views: 4
And look!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO STAINS!!!!

This post makes my heart happy! ? You did it!!! You fixed your pool!

Has it EVER look this good before??? I can't wait for you to see how easy it is to take care of and how much fatter your wallet will be with the TFP way!

Did you know you can be a supporting member? This helps us keep the servers fed so we can keep helping you and others! Here is the link if you are interested: Become a TFP Supporter - Trouble Free Pool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support