New member and pool in OK!

OKedmond

Aug 18, 2019
Edmond Oklahoma (OKC)
Hey gang, I have been lurking on for a few months as our pool has been built. This seems like a great resource! I have a inground plaster chlorine pool. I have a question on basic setup of the pool math app. Is there general things to start with? Should I track everything? And what ranges?
Thanks so much!

Welcome to the forum.

I track everything I do to the pool. Click on my username and see my Poolmath logs.

Ranges are based on your pool type and how you chlorinate.

Welcome to TFP!?
I get a little lax tracking robot use, uncovering, swimmers etc unless I have a particular reason to note them. I do log all my tests, love the pool math app for this. Easily worth the $8 or so a year to me.

I recommend the TF100 xl test kit with speed stir. Starting out you will use more reagents to dial things in. Once your dialed in and get comfortable testing will slow way down.

Good luck!

Congrats and welcome to TFP! I use the pool app to calculate CSI and any additions I may have to make. I did use the log for a while but I have found it easier to log it on old school paper on a clipboard! After about 10 pages, I scan it and put it on the drive if I ever want to look something up. I log other stuff too, like weather (high/low/precip amount/etc) and electrical use during the day. The app is great for keeping logs, but I like my psuedo old school way better. :)

Edit: attached sample paper log blank and "completed"

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 1
  • log.jpg
    log.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: