New liner, still leaking.

Chele

Aug 4, 2016
Atlanta
I never could find the leak, so I drained pool, bought a new liner, filled up, and still leaks! I would figure the odds of a new leaking liner is low (maybe a bad assumption), so if it's not that I figure it must be the inlets/outlets, but I see absolutely zero water leaking out of the inlets/outlets. Ground is dry everywhere. Is it possible to leak out of inlets/outlets without being able to see water? It's just past the inlet now. Waiting to see if it goes past outlets. So frustrating.

Just to clarify for this thread since others may not know your pool's history ...... it's an above ground but you are concerned about the possibility of not seeing water below ground level correct? Is your pool partially set-in the ground? Also, can you update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info, and perhaps post a pic of your pool and equipment pad please? Somtimes a pic speaks a thousand words.

I didn't say anything about water below ground. I just assumed if a thousand gallons disappears from an above ground pool, one should see wet ground somewhere, which I do not (unless there is a leak on floor liner in middle of pool, maybe). 15' Ultra Frame Intex. Thanks.

With the Intex type of pool you would see the leaking from the inlet/outlet, the only way to leak is from the outside. There is no wall that the water can get in between the liner. You could have a leak in the center of the pool and the ground isn't saturated enough yet to see on the outside of the pool.
If it is a leaky new liner you should be able to get in contact with Intex and get a replacement. I know there is a warranty just not sure how long it is.
Good luck, you can also get a small dropper bottle (like pool regent bottles) of water with food coloring and use that to locate a leak around seams etc. It's not the funnest thing I've ever done but it works well.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.