New liner, slippery feel

linda1

Mar 26, 2010
Western Pa.
We replaced our liner last month. I noticed that the sides and bottom have a slippery feel. I test my chlorine level every day and keep inline with my CYA level. I took a bright white cloth and wiped the sides of the pool and nothing showed up on the cloth. Do new liners have some sort of coating?

I feel there was something on the new liner.
I seem to remember a couple of threads last season thinking their new liners were leeching oils for the first while.

Increase your brushing increments for now and see how it goes. Once it settles, slippery is usually algae needing brushing. It grows a biofilm over itself to protect it from harsh environments. It can then grow no matter your FC level and its why brushing is a big requirement of SLAMs. Each round takes off a protective layer and kills the next layer of growth. Then you have to brush again later. And again. And again.

Reactions: linda1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.