New liner installed today... going down to 52 tonight and cloudy tomorrow. Should I keep filing it overnight? (also pictures)

Sep 22, 2011
Like the title says, I got a new liner installed today. I had a leak over the winter so the pool store moved me up from end of April. It's 65 and sunny. I have about 2' of water in the deep end. I did the 5-gallon bucket test and I determined it should take about 55 hours to fill up. The weather tomorrow and the next day is going to be cloudy and rainy. Hight tomorrow is 67, but the next day the high is only 49. Tonight it's supposed to go down to 52. Pool store told me to just keep it filling all night tonight until the bottom step is just about covered in the shallow end. At that point, they will turn off the shop vac and tuck the liner where the shop vac was. I'm just wondering if I should keep it going all night, considering how cold it is going to be. The problem is the extended forecast is not much better and it's supposed to only be in the 40s the day after tomorrow and the day after that. Probably better getting it filled now?20210330_084424.jpg20210330_084620.jpg20210330_104216.jpg20210330_113153.jpg

I would follow the instructions from the installer. It's their responsibility and their call. If it's not right, they get to fix it.

With a vacuum, the liner should be mostly set and the water should only make a relatively small difference in the set of the liner.

In my opinion, they probably cut the fittings in too early.

The liner will still stretch some and you want the liner to be as fully set as possible before cutting in the fittings for the light, returns, skimmers etc.

In my opinion, they probably cut the fittings in too early.

The liner will still stretch some and you want the liner to be as fully set as possible before cutting in the fittings for the light, returns, skimmers etc.
I was worried about that too, but from what I understand liners are cut based on the expected temperature when they are installed. "Cold cut" liners are cut bigger because they stretch less in colder weather, so this liner probably won't stretch as much as a liner installed in warmer months. It's pretty much fully stretched right now even with no water in the pool. Just a small area around the base where it needs to get "pushed" into by the water. Hopefully that will take out the few wrinkles I've seen on the bottom.

Reactions: JamesW
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.