New JVA and iAquaLink

jsorrentino

May 23, 2021
Kings Park, NY
Hello. I just had a pool built and it has the following devices with an iAqualink RS4:

Main Filter Pump
Second Pump for slide and waterfall feature
Airblower
Lights
JVA to control the floor vs jet water flow for the spa when the airblower is enabled powered by the Cleaner input

All is working. Then I added another JVA to the pump that parses water to the waterfall and the slide. It's powered via the Solar input and I can use the on/off switch to turn the valve manually.

How do I get a function in the iAqualink app to allow me to turn that JVA to waterfall only, slide only, and both on together?

Do I need to turn the Dip switches? How do I configure in the aqualink.

I cannot find any usable documentation.
Thank you

The jva only goes from stop to stop. You open it, set the forward and reverse stops, and that's what it does there is no way to go in-between unless you get a smart jva board.

Please fill out your sigline with your equipment. Use mine as an example. Here -> https://www.troublefreepool.com/account/signature

I did a similar thing as you but used the solar JVA for a Garden Light. All steps should be the same.

You need to physically open up the JVA. You can leave it plugged into the valve, just take the top off. You'll see the forward and reverse stops. You should be able to figure out how to set those stops.

Go to the "Assign JVAs" screen and make sure it appears.

Do you see the "Extra Aux" that you used from the Solar on the below screen? You can name it what you want here.

It should appear as a device on the "Device" screen to turn on/off.

If you want a particular speed to run when you activate it, set it on the "VSP Speed Setup" in the "Assign to Aux" column.

Add it to your "Home" screen on the "Customize Home" screen.

1621855579936.png

1621855412841.png
1621855518890.png
1621855662464.png
1621855796077.png

Won't work gotta be right or left. Middle is neutral and the other two positions are forward and reverse.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Did you assign the VSP speed to the aux port? If so, did you change any of the existing labels (names)? I forgot to mention, some of those names are keywords and should not be changed like "Pool", "Temp1" and "Temp2".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.