New Intex T Joint (Leg & Beam Joint) Design

Lomag

Aug 25, 2014
New Jersey
Hi all,

It seems like Intex changed it's T joint design in the 2020 season. The new T joint photos are attached below and appear to be out of plastic. There's always been rust issues with the old T joint design out of metal with the push pins because of the horizonal or vertical metal poles rubbing against the metal T joint eventually scratching off the finish, leading to rust, mostly on the horizontal poles. Metal against metal was never a good idea so now metal against plastic should be better I'd imagine, assuming now that the new T joint plastic is strong enough to last several years and not crack or get brittle?

It seems to me like this new T joint design should eliminate a lot of the old rust problems. What do you think? Does anyone have a newer Intex pool with these newer T joints and still have rust issues from last year?

Attachments

• joint1.jpeg
    joint1.jpeg
    65.3 KB · Views: 6
  • joint2.jpeg
    joint2.jpeg
    57.2 KB · Views: 6
Those look promising, and it'll be interesting to hear how they do compared to the metal. My intex prism frame started rusting at the T joints by the end of it's first season. I'm on season 2, and still that's the only place I see the rust. Would be nice if they improved them so they lasted a bit longer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.