new intex size at walmart!

Well here are some of the pictures I promised. The Skimmer is working flawlessly. Not only does it work but it has increased my sand filter pressure from 15 psi to 25 psi. I was really nervous about cutting the liner but by taking the time to make a template out of my old pool liner and glueing it in as a doubler for added strength around the skimmer allowed for a very easy cut of the new liner.

Attachments

• DSC_8168 (426x640).jpg
    DSC_8168 (426x640).jpg
    184 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC_8174 (2) (570x379).jpg
    DSC_8174 (2) (570x379).jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 219
  • DSC_8280 (2) (570x456).jpg
    DSC_8280 (2) (570x456).jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 219
Guys. I cannot find the Intex Ultra Frame 12x24 anywhere here in Canada. Any idea how much it would cost to ship that thing from the States to Canada? I think the package is about 435 pounds including the sand filter. Don't need that (already have one) but I don't see it there without the filter. It's on the Walmart site for $1,000.

Would love to see some more pics of this pool. Thinking about getting it and would like to see the setup
with some better angles. Also would love to here your thoughts on the pool and how everything is working.

Well I set this pool up and left the following day and have been out of country up until today. 22 days. Wife says everything is working great. I didn't really get to take a lot of photos but will get more and post upon my return tomorrow. I added a couple gallons Of bleach and algaecide start up and left. Water is holding up but will definitely have to balance immediately. Kids have used it two or three times since I have been gone.

Your awesome, cannot wait to see the photos. See I find myself in somewhat of a predicament,
I am trying to decide between the 22' and 26'. How hard was it to level for this size of a pool. If the
pavers are perfectly level and the rest of the area is off a tad would that really matter? I mean other
than not having a nice flat bottom for the pool. Anyway would love your input on this.

After doing a lot of research and reading on this forum it makes me wonder if the 2500GPH Pump ran 24/7 could
even keep this pool clean. Would the 2650 Intex Sand Filter be good or is there a better one in this price range.
I plan on going BBB with Pucks to start with that way I can build up the CYA to an appropriate level then go straight
liquid each day.

Well Bthorn there are a few things to consider. Set up isn't bad if the ground close to level. I put pavers because I don't take my pool down at the end of swim season. If you are going to be taking it down every year and the ground is close to level then I wouldn't worry about pavers. It really is labor intensive not to mention the add cost.

Something else to consider is maintenance. I just purchased the Diver Dave auto vac. Wife's says it was deliverEd today!!! I will post on it's performance with this pool.

This our 3rd Metal frame by intex and I don't ever see me going smaller unless they stop production on 22' or larger. For us? Bigger the better! 26' is awesome although I havent swam in it yet.

Yes, please post pictures and thoughts! That is if you can make yourself get out of the pool, dry off and post them.
I think that once I get my pool set up, I'll just live there. I won't want to get out.

I am in the process of clearing / leveling the ground for this same pool and would love to see it in "real life" instead of
just manufacturers pictures.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love ours just got the salt water up and running and so far except from the expected dirt in the bottom the water stays crystal clear we've recently had a cold spell come through so I put the cover on last week which was a pain in the Rear trying to get it on without 2 people and then one gust of wind and it was gone I had to tie a piece of rope around to hold it down apart from that its all good except my 3 month old pup decided to take a swim at 4 am the other morning lol

I'm beginning to think the 26' is a myth. Or at the very least it is as elusive as Big Foot. :-o Very few pictures to be had and in those that ARE avail it is difficult to grasp the size and grandure. (no offense meant to OP, I'm just teasing):grin:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

bthorn9435 said:
Ok so we have established the 26' as a myth. How about pics of the 22'
I could give you a picture of a 24' area dug out ready for a 22'. Just don't have the 22' yet. It took a day to move from Indiana to PA, and there it sits for 2 weeks in Burkettstown, PA, a mere 86.1 miles away from my house :grrrr: .

Didn't want to bother my busy bro-in-law for his truck to drive 40 miles to get my pool at Walmart, so I paid for it to ship. Now halfway through the time it's taking to ship, my bro-in-law is coming over for dinner and we are heading in 40 miles to Lowes to pick up some sheets of foamboard for a base tonight. I should just cancel the order and pick up the pool at Walmart this evening while in getting the foamboard.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.