New Intex options

Amarada3

Bronze Supporter
May 27, 2014
Jackson, TN
Intex folks, I need your input!! I have a intex ultraframe that is 8 years old. I installed it June 2014 and have always left it up. Well, it is showing wear, the inner liner is bleached white, I have 2 small patches on it, the metal uprights are getting rusty on the edges. It really is time to replace! When I bought it, there was only one ultraframe style or the doughnut easy set style. Now there are ultra XTR and other styles? I also want a swg this time (I had the sand filter, but used liquid bleach using the TFP method). Should I get the intex pool WITH the pumps I want, or should I get the pool, then buy separate pump components? Is the XTR like what I had?

Intex folks, I need your input!! I have a intex ultraframe that is 8 years old. I installed it June 2014 and have always left it up. Well, it is showing wear, the inner liner is bleached white, I have 2 small patches on it, the metal uprights are getting rusty on the edges. It really is time to replace! When I bought it, there was only one ultraframe style or the doughnut easy set style. Now there are ultra XTR and other styles? I also want a swg this time (I had the sand filter, but used liquid bleach using the TFP method). Should I get the intex pool WITH the pumps I want, or should I get the pool, then buy separate pump components? Is the XTR like what I had?
Hello fellow (longtime) AGP owner!

Since no intro is needed, I'll skip to our limited experience when sizing different pools over the last 8yrs, the names seem only to limit the patterns and the shape of the frame. We have owned examples (in different sizes) of most of the styles and the 'quality' wasn't that much difference to us.

If you have a pool store company that has examples on hand, that would be a great place to compare them at the same time/first hand (just don't buy there before checking prices elsewhere) :D Also the darker colored liners tend to have more exaggerated fade than other colors (our personal experience & also feedback I've found when searching for other experiences)

What is the difference between the prism and the xtr? Does the dark color of the xtr sides make the water warmer?

It might, depending on how much the sun hits the (out)side of the pool

I think xtr is supposed to be the most robust & have coating on the inside of the frame too possibly. So long as u clean up & paint any rails that get the coating scratched u should be good with any of them.
Depending upon the size pool you are wanting you may want to upgrade to a regular above ground pool pump (2 speed is preferable) & sand filter. Definitely don’t go for the combo swg & pump/filter because if one breaks you will have to replace the whole thing.
The largest intex swg is rated for 15k gal so keep that in mind.
Not sure your budget.

My Costco/Intex, after 12 seasons (emptied, folded and stored outside under tarps during "winter") some areas of the liner were bleached, others were a little thread bare, never a leak. Plenty of mold stains between the water and poles. The metal is still beautifully coated with no rust. If the pump still worked, I'd probably have used it for at least another season.

we have haad intex pools for literally about 10 years. upgraded as twins grew. one year we had a coleman and worst mistake we ever made. the poles rusted out by end of second year. we noww have a 22x52 XTR and i can already see that it is a better pool than the other intex pools. wee have a sand filter with a seprate SWG and to me, that is the only way to go.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.