New Intex dual outlets?

We've had an Intex pool for the last 4 years. This year after set up, we found several holes, tried to repair them then decided to buy a new pool. We got the same size, but this model has two outlets. We are having problems with getting the pump to run through them. We upgraded this year to a 2800 Sand filter pump from a larger Intex filter pump and are using a Chlorinator after the pump back to the pool. My dear husband spent most of yesterday on this and it's not working. He even decided we didn't need the sand filter (we do and he'll be more reasonable later) and hooked our old filter pump to it, still didn't work. We believe the problem is in the dual outlet area. There are two hoses that join at a T then run into the pump. Any ideas? I've been on the Internet and YouTube most of the night, trying to find solutions.View attachment 36910

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
same problem

The hoses in the picture go to the suction side of the pump and the single hose or the return hose on the other side of the picture should go from the sand filter to the pool. If there is a SWG it will be attached to the outlet of the sand filter and the return hose will attach to the SWG then to the pool.The valve in the picture is basically a ball valve. Look at the top and you will see a open lock and closed lock meaning open and close respectively. That's how mine works, with pictures we could tell better what's going on.

Last edited:
We've had an Intex pool for the last 4 years. This year after set up, we found several holes, tried to repair them then decided to buy a new pool. We got the same size, but this model has two outlets. We are having problems with getting the pump to run through them. We upgraded this year to a 2800 Sand filter pump from a larger Intex filter pump and are using a Chlorinator after the pump back to the pool. My dear husband spent most of yesterday on this and it's not working. He even decided we didn't need the sand filter (we do and he'll be more reasonable later) and hooked our old filter pump to it, still didn't work. We believe the problem is in the dual outlet area. There are two hoses that join at a T then run into the pump. Any ideas? I've been on the Internet and YouTube most of the night, trying to find solutions.View attachment 36910

One problem I have had is the result of not running filter socks... I had to remove the outer screens (they have one screw and screw off), then I would put pantyhose or a filter sock around the inlets to keep debris out but where I could undo the sock and pull it all up quickly. This also helps allows the filter to last longer. what is your filter pressure? Also another thing when I vacuum, I find that if I have large debris at the bottom they will clog up that valve which does neck down quite a bit. The first year we had ours up, grass kept floating to the bottom and we would vacuum it up and for a while I had clumps in it.. One suggestion it to try a shop vac and plug both holes in the pool and disconnect everything. From there blow everything out in the revers way it comes in, just don't direct it at the pool. If there is a blockage in those front hoses filter pressure will be extremely low... The first year, we noticed we hovered around 10psi... when we had blockage we would drop into the low single digits. When cleared, we were right back up to normal... This year our pressure has dropped though and we are running about 8ish.. It does sound like you may have a blockage. Have you backwashed the filter properly? backwash it and watch the sight glass, it will start clear then get foggy and then return to clear. At that point, stop the pump and set it to rinse and run it till clear/ when you stop seeing floating things. Its typically not that long.

NVM!!!! Glad you got it working! I was late to the show haha:sleep:

Last edited:

Btw, a cost cutter for you guys would be buying ultraviolet solar salt for the water softeners.. it cannot have any additives which is why I recommend that brand. its roughly half the price of pool salt at almost $5 a bag... they are pellets but do get absorbed quickly as well. I've found no benefit to buying "pool salt" Just an fyi to help cost. When we joined here, our costs tanked following recommendations that were similar.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.