New Intelliflo3 no power with voltage

Bought a new Intelliflo3 pump from a local store, cost a few hundred more but well worth the perfect condition of the box and 3 year warranty. Hooked it up today and the power light turned right on. Had to start it manually in service mode and then went back to Auto and Easy Touch took over and runs it through automation. Screen Logic is also all good.

Now the problem is the in floor cleaner pump won’t come on. Checked all the schedules and they are still set and I added all the circuits to the pump as programmed on the old Intelliflo. The only thing I can think of is to replace the capacitor, but I don’t know why that would be such a coincidence in timing with the new pump. Is there something easy I missed to get it running again?

Shaw,

Glad you were able to get your new IntelliFlo3 up and running. :goodjob:

I assume that the cleaner pump is a single speed pump. Either you have AC voltage right at the pump or you don't.. If you have good voltage in, then the pump has to be bad. Did you check the voltage right at the pump?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Hi Jim,

It’s very weird but my husband touched the black and red wires with the multimeter and the single speed booster pump turned on. Then he let go and it turned off. He tried again with red first and the pump started and kept running. It’s on now which is great, but have no idea what happened…

We’re finally back in business thanks very much TFP!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.