New Intelliflo VS pump.

Hey guy's, how much retrofitting needs to be done if any to set these new pumps with a aqua-logic system. I already have whisperflo pumps now (ss) can I use the same relays and wiring? And will a P4 board and a Aqua-logic control the pump? I don't have a remote or a spa.

The main thing is that the AquaLogic doesn't know how to change speeds on the IntelliFlo. You can solve that by getting an IntelliComm II Interface Adapter. This will allow you to setup a relay for each speed you want on the pump. That works, but requires at least two relays dedicated to the pump (including the regular pump relay).

Finally got around to installing the new pump today. Everything went pretty well. I love it. I'm going to be running the 1500 RPM setting probably around 12 hours a day or so. It's pulling 230 watts at 1500RPM and it very quiet. I'm excited to start saving some money. Thanks for all the help and advice.

Installed mine today as well, got a few schedules programmed so we'll see how it goes tomorrow.

Mine came with the interface cable to connect to Intellitouch/Suntouch/etc. I didn't know it would be included.

Here are some numbers which may be of interest, of course, keep in mind that every pool setup is different, but anyways:

750 RPM - 104 Watts - 2 PSI of system pressure (as measured at the relief valve on top of my FNS Plus DE filter)

1,250 RPM - 180 Watts - 5 PSI (I run most of the day at this setting)

2,350 RPM - 880 Watts - 13 PSI

3,350 RPM - 2,355 Watts - 25 PSI (I run 3 hrs per day at this speed to run the MX8 suction side cleaner)

spillmar said:
If you have an Intellitouch no real difference that I am aware of. New product models to generate sales.

if an Easy Touch is used for automation, is there a difference between the VS3050 ( pentair 011013) and the new VS (pentair 011018) ?

is pump speed set on the easy touch? or is pump speed set on the pump and the easy touch just selects speed 1, speed 2, speed 3 etc?

The new VS AU and the older VS 3050 are completely identical when used with any Pentair branded automation system (SunTouch, EasyTouch, IntelliTouch). The controls on the pump are not used and the automation system runs everything. The pump speeds and run times set on the automation system.

my contract called for the 4 speed vs3050, but my equipment was delivered today and the 8 speed was delivered. 2 questions:
1. since this one has a built in timer is the ole intermatic timer still needed? they delivered the timer as well.
2. is this newer model any more effficient than the 4 speed vs3050?
thanks

Everything mechanical/efficiency related is identical. The only difference is the fancier control system on the new model.

If you have a simple setup with just the pump/filter then the timer on the pump is great. But if there are other things in your system the pump needs to coordinate with it is sometimes simpler to use an external timer. The timer on the pump can't control anything except the pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
From my next door neighbor who I introduced this pump to. He installed it about 3 weeks ago and was running it at 450 rpm for 6 or so hrs per day and then at 1400 for 2'hrs....

Well,
I think my new pump is toast.
For the last several days it has been tripping the GFCI as soon as you turn it on so....
I went out today and bought two new breakers.
First I installed a new breaker in the panel in the pool shed. I figured start there and work my way back to the main panel.
Once installed I turned on the power and voila the pump started up. After about 5 seconds it tripped the GFCI again and I noticed a warning light on the pump which can mean: "over current" or "over voltage". Then the whole display went out. This didn't alarm me because everytime the GFCI trips the entire display goes out.
So I went to the main panel removed the GFCI and installed a regular double pole breaker. Returned to the pool shed, powered on the breaker for the light switch first, ah good working, then tried the breaker for the pump, hmm nothing. Tried the breaker for the heater, ah good working. So why is the pump not working.
Then I took out my handy volt meter, hmm I've got 240 (well 244, if you trust my volt meter) at the new breaker. So I checks it at the pump. Hmm same thing there. Power to the pump but the display is dead.
It's still under warranty but this is a royal pain in the butt.
From what I'm reading on the internet you can't replace any of the electronic control parts, you have to get a whole new pump.
I don't know if you ordered one of these or not but you might want to reconsider.
On the positive side my electric bills are going to be really low now.

Update: long story short, neighbor had his swg on the same gfi circuit breaker and between it and the control module on the pump was causing the breaker to trip out at least once a day.

Pentair tech support mentioned not to have anything else on the circuit. The neighbors' electrician said it should be fine that way ( his old single speed pump ran this way for last 2 years this way without issue.

So heads up everyone. Even if your local code will allow more than just the pump on a gfi circuit.... Don't do it.

The neighbor's pump has run fine for 2 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.