New installation - features to keep it clean w/trees

shw104

May 5, 2018
Baltimore, MD
Hi everyone.

We are looking to install an inground in the near future. I had one growing up 25 years ago and I remember the struggle we had keeping it clean... daily manual vacuuming, etc.

I know the newer pools are a bit easier to maintain howeveer.. i'm sure there are lessons learned or features that would make life easier since we are starting from scratch. Our backyard is fairly close to a tree line so leaves and tree debris will always be a challenge.

The first quote we got included an automatic cover which would help i'm sure.. what else should we be considering? Any lessons learned from backyard pools with trees?

Thanks for the help!!!!!
sw

Welcome!!

If you do decide to go with an autocover, I almost guarantee you won’t regret it. Your wallet may but you won’t.

Also you should invest in a pool cleaning robot for $700-$1,200. A Dolphin specifically.

Between those two, you will have no maintenance headaches, just a few routines to develop and all will be great.

I have both and am in your area. If you’d have any interest in checking out our setup you can PM me. Our build thread is in my signature where you can see various discussions on both.

I’m going to weigh in on my experiences this past fall & spring. Mine pool is newly built just finished in September.

We got an auto cover and a dolphin premier robot. Between those I hardly spend any time cleaning.

The cover keeps all the leaves, helicopters, pollen, etc from going in the pool. If we swim and stuff comes in the dolphin gets what the skimmers don’t. We have a battery leaf blower that we blow the cover off before opening if there is a bunch of stuff on it.

We also have a heater and the cover keeps not only my FC loss minimal but the heat in. I highly recommend both!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.