New Install Of OmniPL With Salt Cell - SWG Showing Zero Values and Throwing 4 errors

Jul 21, 2013
Timeline:
-Opened the pool for the season in May with my sturdy Hayward Goldline SWG box and T-Cell-15, both working fine. Showing salt levels properly and generating chlorine.
-A few days ago I ripped out my pool controls in favor of the new OmniPL control box which has a SWG module built in.
-Upon initial configuration it was showing salt cell voltage, instant salt and everything just fine. I was happy
-After a day or two I noticed those values had dropped to zero (voltage, current, instant salt) and the panel was throwing error "T-Cell Voltage Sesor Short"
-I swapped out my 3 year old T-Cell-15 with the brand new cell that had come with the OmniPL kit. Nothing different, still same zero values and throwing more errors.
IMG_2813.PNGIMG_2812.jpegIMG_2810.jpeg

This looks to be an issue on the actual board itself. I had my local pool company test the original T-Cell-15 I bought and installed in 2018 and it passed the diagnostic just fine.

I have done all of the normal troubleshooting I have found via googling and posts on here to no avail:
-checked/swapped 4amp and 20amp fuses on the board
-turned breakers off and let everything sit for a few minutes before turning back on
-reseated the cell cable many times, and also checked for any visual issues with it
-deleted the chlorinator in the config and re-added it
-updated the firmware of the MSP and MPP to their latest versions

I'm guessing there is a bad solder joint or something on the board itself and it needs to be replaced, which is annoying since I have to get Hayward to ship me out a new one.

Figured I would post here to see if anyone has anything else to check and if anyone has similar experience with an OmniLogic based board throwing these errors.

Thanks!

Those Omni pumps are only allowed to be installed by a company so not many have them.. I have only seen about 4 or 5 on the site so far... Wish I could help..

Yeah they are very hard to come by so I'm guessing this is not going to be a quick fix, at least under any sort of warranty repair. Looks like the main board itself is available for ~$650-$750 at some retailers but I'd rather wait this one out and work through the Hayward warranty system to get the proper fix at no cost to me.

Luckily I still have my old perfectly working AquaRite box so I'm going to get that installed on my pool panel, powered up inline with the 240v pump relay in the Omni PL and just use that to get my pool chlorinated in the meantime.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.