New Install of Omni Hub - AquaRite Integration?

Hello @zamazing

New on this forum but just want to say thank you, your explanation and screenshot of the required jumper change on the main aquarite board solved my issue. This is an omission from Hayward, it should be part of the installation process.

To summarize the work, if anyone is considering undertaking the work themselves:
- I have an aquarite 900, t-925 cell and Omnihub
- Bought the daughter board online and installed it myself (i am not very hands-on but it's fairly manageable, the daughter board instructions booklet is quite straightforward, except for the missing jumper part explained in zamazing's post). You need screwdrivers and a hammer to knock out the cable opening in the aquarite, that's about it.
- Did the configuration wizard and added the chlorinator (To enter config mode, you need the config password which in my case was my MSP Id)
- Started receiving chlorinator communication error messages. Jumped on Google found this thread and resolved it by moving the jumper to the primary position.
- When i powered everything back on the Remotely Controlled light went on during system bootup
- At that point the chlorinator is visible and controllable in your omnilogic system or via mobile app

Thank you

For those of you in this thread that's done this, I have the same setup as others described. Have an omni hub with a vsp and heater hooked up to it. Everything is automated. I'm close to biting the bullet and buying a aquarite swg and the daughter board to make it all automated. I think I'm good with the daughter board and how to hook up everything to the omni hub to make it automated, but I have probably a really stupid question concerning getting power to the aquarite. I'm not strong in electrical. I don't have a timer because everything is automated so do I need to hook the power source itself from the aquarite to omnihub somehow (it looks like maybe my vsp speed pump is done this way but can't really tell for sure), or do I wire it to another breaker, or just buy a 120v plug and wire and plug it into an outlet (similar to this one at lowe's, but an outdoor one https://www.lowes.com/pd/Utilitech-...-14-Gauge-Black-Indoor-Extension-Cord/3190621). I don't think the aquarite comes with a power plug so I'm trying to figure out what cord to buy and how to wire it. I have an electrical box outside with the relay, pump, etc. and could add another breaker, but again my knowledge is close to zero on electric.

I'm just really confused on what I do to get power to the actual aquarite. Once its powered, I got the rest I think. My understanding is regardless on how it is actually powered, by linking it to the omni hub I am ensuring that it will shut off if the pump is off? Just confused on the powering and tried to search the board for answers. This is the closest I could find.

Hi,
I am new to this forum. I recently installed AQRS340OMNI system, Tristar VS 700 Omni and replaced damaged colorlogic 120 V pool light with UCL 12 V (LPCUS11100) light. This Omni hubs has two inbuilt high voltage relays. Can I power my VS pump and UCL light (transformer) directly through Omni hub's internal relays. Thank you.

I know this is an old thread, but I have discovered through trial and error the definitive answer to "where to put the flow switch" so I am leaving breadcrumbs for others...

If using an OmniHub and a separate AquaRite control box, the flow switch needs to be connected to the AquaRite. In addition to this, you need to tell the OmniHub you do NOT have a flow switch!

I found a separate source about configuring OmniLogic equipment that seemed to mention that "you have to have a flow switch if you are using a chlorinator." This seems to apply only to Hayward products where the salt cell controller is built into the controller box. I made the mistake of configuring the OmniHub to use a flow switch but left the switch connected to AquaRite. With that flow switch not present, the OmniHub shut down the pump following priming with a "no flow" error.

Given that result, I moved the flow switch over to the OmniHub. After that, it was happy, but the AquaRite illuminated its "No flow" light and did not generate any chlorine. I moved the switch BACK to the AquaRite and tried to delete the flow switch by editing the configuration, but OmniHub complained and said "you have to have a flow switch when using a chlorinator" I actually had to re-run the entire Advanced configuration wizard and made sure NOT to tell OmniHub I had a flow switch. Once that was done, everyone was happy. OmniHub ran fine and didn't complain about a lack of flow, and AquaRite started generating chlorine again.

I think ideally when asked if I had a flow switch when Configuring, I could answer "Yes" and that the AquaRite's flow switch would have been an option to pick when asked "where is it connected to?" Alas, the only option to select on OmniHub for the location of a flow switch is its own connector.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.