New Install Kinda

Completed two more sections of concrete. Only one more left and then onto painting. Hard to work in the heat (100 degrees) when you can just jump in and swim instead. [emoji16]

08720fe2afabb3012fa54e9459ce7b0d.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The before and after of a master piece! LOVE the swing! That looks so comfy! What a make over of the whole area! I bet y'all are spending quite a bit of time out there now! You have some mad skills! Well done! :party:

Kim:kim:

Wow Cop! That is awesome! Look at your water.... I'm sure jumping in is a huge reward. And your property is beautiful - what a setting!

I'm always in awe of anyone who can do such a big project! It just amazes me. :bowdown:

Congratulations!!
Suz

Love:
All the pictures! (Did you pay tapatalk for photo storage?)
That you used a water truck to fill instead of well!
The cut in stairs!
The pool cover that even fits the stairs!
The equipment pad!
The wife in the trench picture - she is a real team player!
How everything came out so beautiful and inviting!

Amazing job! Thank you for sharing the process and updating it!
Any lessons learned you want to record here for others using your thread as inspiration?

You guys are too kind. It was a tough project. The dirt was so hard and compacted that you could not use a shovel. I used an electric jackhammer everywhere I couldn't get with the excavator. The medallion pool is great. It is well built and relatively easy, albeit time consuming, to build. The concrete work was hard work but satisfying. The saltwater generator is the only way to go. Here is a panoramic shot from a different perspective showing more of the backyard.

80ca98bfa77d1d2f3cc4caa8686439a5.jpg

Oh my, my, my! My heart is racing! Look at all those gorgeous veggies and flowers! I love how you did the raised box beds. I don't think there's anything better than working in the yard then jumping in the pool to cool off! That's my bit of heaven. (may be as close as i get!! :slidehalo: )

Thank you for sharing your build and your love of work with us. Please don't leave us now! Keep the updates coming and share all your skills, knowledge, and experience with everyone here - oldtimers and newbies!

Suz:sun:

So, I thought I would post a cost breakdown so I could show what it cost to do something like this with your own labor. Keep in mind, I already had the hole and I reused the old concrete pad with lots of patchwork.

New Medallion Freedom 24 foot round pool with filter and walk in steps. 4730.00
Shipping to California 1200.00
Excavator rental 330.00
Concrete Cutter Rental 115.00
Misc. Tools 150.00
Bag Concrete (roughly 100 bags) 320.00
Concrete Paint 350.00
PVC Pipe and Fittings 50.00
Salt Water Generator 800.00
Concrete pour around stair area 800.00
Water Delivery (Three Tankers Full) 500.00
Sand for Bottom 100.00
Salt and chemicals 150.00
Total 9595.00

This is pretty close but I am sure I left a few things out, so a good round number of $10000,00 is probably close. I don't know how much I saved by doing it myself but I have heard vinyl lined pool quotes in the mid 20's and I am in the mountains of California where everything seems to be extra expensive. My friends had a run of the mill gunite pool put in and it cost them over $50,000.00 dollars.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my, my, my! My heart is racing! Look at all those gorgeous veggies and flowers! I love how you did the raised box beds. I don't think there's anything better than working in the yard then jumping in the pool to cool off! That's my bit of heaven. (may be as close as i get!! :slidehalo: )

Thank you for sharing your build and your love of work with us. Please don't leave us now! Keep the updates coming and share all your skills, knowledge, and experience with everyone here - oldtimers and newbies!

Suz:sun:

Thank you. My wife loves to garden, me not so much. I take care of building the flower beds, putting in the irrigation and she takes care of the plants.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.