New Install Kinda

That is a NICE cover!

A friend, who covers his in ground pool, has problems with raccoons walking on his cover. Their nails make tiny holes all over it. He does not keep it cleaned off so some water and leaves sit on it and he has a batch of tadpoles to relocate every Spring.

8 FT fence? :shock: I bet the deer have a hard time with that one. They jump our 4 ft. fence like it is not even there.

Kim:kim:

Ok peeps, spring is coming and I have a few questions. Any of you concrete guys out there please chime in and help me out. I really don't want to break out all of the concrete is their. Do you think it is viable to pour new cement to fill in the gap? It does not have to look perfect because I will be painting it with the same deck paint that is on the rest of the concrete and it conceals small cracks and imperfections. Any opinions would be great!! I could have somebody break it all out and start from scratch but that would be kinda wasteful and i'm assuming a lot more money. Refer to page 4 for pictures.

Cop, I have someone that knows this kind of stuff on the way.

My guts says it is no big deal to just add one. The only thing I don't know is if you should drill the old decking to stick steel into it and leaving some sticking out to help tie in the new pour.

Kim:kim:

You have two choices as Kim pointed out. You can drill and grout steel to tie the two pours together (which it doesn't appear you have room to do), or separate the pours with a bond breaker or expansion strip. Be sure to extend the control joints through the new pour in either case. Another option would be to do a radial soldier stack around the pool with paver bricks to simulate coping.

Well after fretting about having somebody do this and how much it will cost, I decided..........to do it myself. Did some research on concrete pouring 101 and gave it a shot. Have 5 sections poured so far and it is turning out pretty good.

To make things even better, my buddy just brought over his concrete mixer, so no more mixing with a hoe. Yay!!

f44f3b0e377763efebbb60aaa61e7f02.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6de86010dbd27050048b0fe8ea526b94.jpg

So here is how it looks today. Replaced almost all of the pressure treated dividers, finished concrete on one side and remounted slide, will work on the other side this week. Still have to pour new concrete around the back of the pool and then repaint the entire concrete surface so it will match. We have been swimming almost everyday and we love the saltwater.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the nice compliments. It was definitely a labor of love. It was way more difficult than I thought it would be but totally worth it now. We are still in the finish up phase so it will change for the better over the summer. I will post more pics as we complete things.

Thats part of the reason I did it all myself. It is much cheaper and I can be as picky as I want to be. It may not be perfect but I'm very happy with the results. As far as keeping stuff out of the pool, I work slowly and carefully, still get a little concrete and stuff in the pool but then I have an excuse to get in and clean it...:p

Excellent work Cop1406...wish I had the skills to do more not to mention how that would make the wife happy...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.