New Inground Vinyl Liner Pool! Liner going in, almost done!

Pool guys wrapped things up. We are waiting on the concrete guys to come poor the decking. Liner has been ordered. We are going with Latham Natural Grey- no border. Starting to shop for pool storage ideas and patio furniture! I’m going to need somewhere to sit and store all these pool floats!!!

Attachments

• 2B09BCBE-7B62-4B6F-B667-3DE411603AD5.jpeg
    2B09BCBE-7B62-4B6F-B667-3DE411603AD5.jpeg
    711.7 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: MyAZPool
So fun and fast! Looking great! There's a lot to like there. Retaining walls, autocover, etc. You should put your autocover in your signature as it may impact certain recommendations.

On the autocover, you have no idea how beneficial that will be early and late season for being able to open before water reaches 60 degrees and closing after it drops below 60 degrees. In the fall, leaves will fall before the water gets to 60 degrees. In the spring, pollen is bad, so keeping it closed helps a lot. So it works REALLY well. Between an autocover and using hair nets over your skimmers, you will have be assisting your filter a lot.

Recommendation - Have the concrete contractor explain to you know how all drainage from the deck will work before the day of the pour. You don't want water gathering anywhere (against the retaining wall, going into the pool, down the stairs & into the pool, etc.). Get a complete understanding. It can be BAD if it's done wrong. It only takes on 2-5" thunderstorm to realize they didn't get it right. Your drainage situation is not standard from what you will see on most pools here.

Project on hold :(. We’ve had a lot of rain and it has put the concrete guys back. Hoping it dried up enough today to get a good start tomorrow!

Attachments

• F8CEA919-BECE-497A-A0B7-88725AAF3FE2.jpeg
    F8CEA919-BECE-497A-A0B7-88725AAF3FE2.jpeg
    790.7 KB · Views: 74
So fun and fast! Looking great! There's a lot to like there. Retaining walls, autocover, etc. You should put your autocover in your signature as it may impact certain recommendations.

On the autocover, you have no idea how beneficial that will be early and late season for being able to open before water reaches 60 degrees and closing after it drops below 60 degrees. In the fall, leaves will fall before the water gets to 60 degrees. In the spring, pollen is bad, so keeping it closed helps a lot. So it works REALLY well. Between an autocover and using hair nets over your skimmers, you will have be assisting your filter a lot.

Recommendation - Have the concrete contractor explain to you know how all drainage from the deck will work before the day of the pour. You don't want water gathering anywhere (against the retaining wall, going into the pool, down the stairs & into the pool, etc.). Get a complete understanding. It can be BAD if it's done wrong. It only takes on 2-5" thunderstorm to realize they didn't get it right. Your drainage situation is not standard from what you will see on most pools here.
I am excited about the auto cover! I have heard it’s good to keep closed during spring, fall and heavy rains- but make sure to open 2x a week to ventilate and check chlorine levels.
Drainage- They did mention this. They will be sloping the concrete towards the retaining wall and putting in landscaping drains around the perimeter, with rock on top (concrete won’t go all the way up to wall) Sounded right to me?

Sure, that is a good drainage solution. Ours drains to a V but both work. Ideally 4” pipe that daylights to a good location. And you’ll also have a drain for your cover pit.

Project on hold :(. We’ve had a lot of rain and it has put the concrete guys back. Hoping it dried up enough today to get a good start tomorrow!

Ahhh.. Best thing that could have happened in the long run. That will help settle any loose soil before the pour and highlight any drainage issues. Always hard to determine these things from pics but here is what I see from the pic after the storm. The PB used all crushed stone for backfill which was a excellent choice. However it does not appear he installed a bleeder drain to drain out all of that stone. So what happened was the stone filled with water and then washed out your back slope. It appears you have enough slope in your back yard to run a perforated pipe (encased in stone and wrapped in filter fabric) from the bottom of stone (basically the bottom of the walls but the deeper the better) out to daylight . This will relieve a ton of water that the sump pump will have to try to pump out.
Did he have the sump pump running for the rainstorm?
The fact that you will be pitching the deck to drains at the base of the retaining wall only will add more water to all the stone around the pool. You PB appears to be doing a very quality job but I would highly recommend getting in some type of bleeder drain to daylight so you do not have to rely so much on the sump pump to get the water away from the pool...

Last edited:
Finally quit raining for us to get some concrete!!!
Needing opinions on Spray Deck or leaving brushed concrete... We were considering spraying but now I am wondering if 1. It’s worth the money and 2. Is it going to be an added maintenance item? What are your thoughts?

Attachments

• 965C8651-F52B-4CE8-B741-82597E5F42AF.jpeg
    965C8651-F52B-4CE8-B741-82597E5F42AF.jpeg
    312.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It looks wonderful! My kids would be super jealous of that slide! You're going to LOVE the corner benches. Now go get a TF-100 test kit if you haven't already.

It looks wonderful! My kids would be super jealous of that slide! You're going to LOVE the corner benches. Now go get a TF-100 test kit if you haven't already.
Thanks to you I pushed for the corner benches in deep end! WE LOVE THEM. Amazing. We love everything really. The benches, the big steps, the slide, the diving board.... It's all a good time!

Reactions: lazygirl1978
Thanks to you I pushed for the corner benches in deep end! WE LOVE THEM. Amazing. We love everything really. The benches, the big steps, the slide, the diving board.... It's all a good time!

This is one of my regrets. We wanted a sitting bench cutout thingy in the deep end but decided against it with 2 large dogs. PB pointed out that we needed Acrylic stairs for the dogs and it wouldn’t be wise to put a liner-ed bench in that they would use as stairs anyway. At the last minute we decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it but the permits were already approved and would have had to be resubmitted adding a few weeks to our July build. So we scrapped the idea and although the pool is still awesome. I look at that area a lot and dream of what could have been.

This is one of my regrets. We wanted a sitting bench cutout thingy in the deep end but decided against it with 2 large dogs. PB pointed out that we needed Acrylic stairs for the dogs and it wouldn’t be wise to put a liner-ed bench in that they would use as stairs anyway. At the last minute we decided to throw caution to the wind and go for it but the permits were already approved and would have had to be resubmitted adding a few weeks to our July build. So we scrapped the idea and although the pool is still awesome. I look at that area a lot and dream of what could have been.
Awwww, bummer! We do love them. We have dogs too.... and went back and forth on it. So far, so good!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.