New in ground Shotcrete Pool Build in South Florida.

So PB had a change of heart and now wants to do the deck first. We already received the pavers and lime rock has been laid down. Sand should be delivered tomorrow

Travertine pavers.

Also put up the slide to see where we needed to run up the water supply. This is what it will look like when all done

Last edited:
Let me know how you like the slide! Your tile selection is so excellent and the workmanship is perfect too. Look so pretty! I am also thinking of putting a slide in my pool because I know my children will love it, but not sure where I have the room except right in the middle of my big in pool deck.....which will change the overall look of my pool.....but, I can always remove it when my kids grow out of it. So why not to let them have fun for now...still thinking...

Thank you very much CCHopkins for the complements. I will let you know how the slide works out. We put it up and took it down in a matter of 1 hr. Not very many screws and it's anchored with 8 concrete anchor wedges. So far we liked the way it looked and felt very solid. Once the deck is done and we pass final inspection I will install permanently.

Yesterday's progress.

Pool got cleaned out in hopes of plaster this week. (Weather)

Deck was also started.

Some of the equipment was delivered and rest should come today (heat pump & chlorinator). Also found the small leak that had been bothering us, it was in the air line for the blower. Will be fixed when equipment installation happens.

Last edited:
So a lot happened over the last few days. Weather really cooperated.

More deck work

Pool equipment was installed (still have to move vents out of the way)

Pool was plastered

And pool it's filling now.

Should be all done filling up by tomorrow morning. PB is coming by to start up equipment, drop chemicals and start brushing. Hopefully the rest of the deck and clean up this week.

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I love the white plaster and is it ever going to look so good with those accent tiles! Can't wait to see it finished and full!

Everything so far looks great! Great job with the tile, plaster and deck selection!

I just read another thread on this forum and apparently travertine and saltwater pools may not play well together. Hopefully your PB takes the proper precautions! I will be looking for a light colored decking as well but was thinking of coquina instead of travertine.

Casey, I thought it was white too but it's actually a Miami Blue mix similar to diamondbrite. Here's the link (http://www.premixmarbletite.com/id6.html). Looking forward to seeing the pool filled to see the color of the water. I'll have to pick my finish in the next month or two.

Again, great job! Will you be landscaping as soon as the build is over or are you going to wait for that?

Thanks slythic!

Uh.... Ummmmmm... hey.... Get out of the pool and update us with pics! :mrgreen:

Hey guys, sorry for the delay. We actually haven't jumped in yet... been crazy busy. Anyhow, Pool took a lot less time to fill than anticipated, even had to tell the wife to leave only one hose running so she wouldn't have to wake up at 3 am to turn water off and gave me time to make it home from work. Screenlogic works like a charm, I set it up on saturday morning and its awesome to have all the controls at your fingertips, As far as landscaping and furniture we really haven't made any decisions, more than likely irrigation and just sod right away and we'll expand on it at a later time. Now, Pictures time

First day Filled

Deck its almost finished, they just have to lay the sand between the pavers (took pictures this morning)

skimmers covers

spa pictures

Night time Pictures

all cleanup was supposed to be done yesterday but rain did not allow it. There are a few fixes that need to be done before we consider the pool done and start landscaping. there is a big patch in the pool floor that looks very odd. the whole pool gets brushed everyday..

items that still need attention
-infinity spa its not 100% leveled so it drains mostly on the back side (tile guy is coming back to fix)
-(2) of the deck jets were a bit too high (plumber is coming back as well)
-one of my skimmer was clogged, now it flows but still not as much as the other.

now, a question to the water chemistry pro's

all the chems are within range as per pool school, except chlorine, the PB added 2 5gallon buckets to the pool on day 3 and my chlorine reading are still in the 9-10ppm range. He says he usually adds more than that so I'm surprised at the high reading.

yesterdays test results
PH 7.2
CL 9
TA 120
CH 325
CYA 40 (added some more stabilizer yesterday)

Will post some more pics when the sun comes up and hits the pool

Last edited:
Thanks for all the compliments. We are thinking we'll break it in on friday. Hoping for a warm sunny day.

additional pics

panoramic

Water Color (Dead ants in the bottom of the pool were complementary. LOL)

Todays Water Test Results
PH 7.2
CHL 6.5
CC 0.5
CH 325
TA 110
CYA 50

According to pool math (which its a blessing BTW) i will add a gallon of acid and 4.9 lbs of stabilizer.

Last edited:
Todays Water Test Results
PH 7.2
CHL 6.5
CC 0.5
CH 325
TA 110
CYA 50

According to pool math (which its a blessing BTW) i will add a gallon of acid and 4.9 lbs of stabilizer.

Maybe I'm missing something, but 4lb of stabilizer will decrease your pH by about 0.3, and a gallon of acid will lower it by nearly 0.4, putting you in the 6.5 pH range.
Won't that destroy your plaster?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.