New In Ground Pool - NJ, Closing Time - have some questions

If you set your return valve so your spillover does not run when in POOL mode then you would set a schedule to run your spillover for 15-20 minutes 2 to 3 times a day to refresh your spa water. I run my spillover to 9AM, 1 PM, and 6 PM for 15 minutes.

Going back to your spillover question, be aware with the prologic that each time you you set a spillover schedule , it requires a group function , which requires its own auxiliary relay. So if you were to set the spillover for twice a day at different times it would require 2 auxiliary relays. I had only one spare auxiliary relay available, so I run my spillover once a day for an hour and have never had a problem.

Is this the place in the manual that shows where to program this? @ajw22 how were you able to set 3 timer?
Would I just create a "spa" timer here for it to chlorinate the spa for a specific time or is there another way to do this?
This was all I saw in the manual.

Screen Shot 2021-04-06 at 7.56.19 PM.png

Do you have SPA SPILLOVER enabled? See page 25 in https://hayward-pool-assets.com/ass...-PL-PS-x&PL-PS-x-VInstallationOct08&Later.pdf and page 17 in https://hayward-pool-assets.com/ass...PM-PL-PS-x&PL-PS-x-VOperationsOct08&Later.pdf

You will then have a SPILLOVER button you can schedule just like the FILTER and SPA buttons.
Ok, so do i not need a group function for this then? I was confused about what the other poster was saying about needing a group function.
"be aware with the prologic that each time you you set a spillover schedule , it requires a group function , which requires its own auxiliary relay"

Ok, so do i not need a group function for this then? I was confused about what the other poster was saying about needing a group function.
"be aware with the prologic that each time you you set a spillover schedule , it requires a group function , which requires its own auxiliary relay"

I don't have a Hayward system and am going from the manuals. Let's see if @rcerf can provide a better explanation.

It is true that you need a group function to set a spillover time period separate from a pool time period. Enabling spillover simply allows one to set a spillover time period but the filter time function Is either pool or spillover. To get both, you need an extra relay/group function.

Mark explained it better than I did. You must go into the configuration menu to set up a group function for each time period that you want the spillover to come on. I had one extra aux relay so I was a able to set one time period for spillover from 1 - 2 pm. I have the prologic ps 4 and one of my aux relays is for my spa blower , so that only left me with one extra relay for one spillover time period. If you have a ps 8 or 16 you will have more aux relays to schedule group functions for more spillover times.

Mark explained it better than I did. You must go into the configuration menu to set up a group function for each time period that you want the spillover to come on. I had one extra aux relay so I was a able to set one time period for spillover from 1 - 2 pm. I have the prologic ps 4 and one of my aux relays is for my spa blower , so that only left me with one extra relay for one spillover time period. If you have a ps 8 or 16 you will have more aux relays to schedule group functions for more spillover times.
I also have a 4 relay and aux1 is used for my spa booster pump. I guess I will try to set it up like yours then. This thing is little archaic to setup. Its giving me thoughts of just getting an omnilogic.
My lights are also being a pain in the butt, the sp light keeps going out of sync from the pool lights. Not sure if it has to do with the spa light being a 12v and the pool lights being 120v.

The Prologic is much older technology. I am not sure why they are still selling it. I would go with the Omnilogic if you still can.

It is true that you need a group function to set a spillover time period separate from a pool time period. Enabling spillover simply allows one to set a spillover time period but the filter time function Is either pool or spillover. To get both, you need an extra relay/group function.

So im reading the manual, is there any reason I cant use the Valve 3 instead of Aux2 so I can keep the Aux2 relay open? It seems like you can schedule group functions against the Valve 3 as per the manual.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes! Aux, valves (3&4) and lights can all have group functions.
Great!! that gives me a few more control options. I ordered 2 Hayward remote valves from polytec pools, they should be here by Thursday. Great price, 259.00 delivered for both.

@mas985 @rcerf @ajw22

So I installed my 2 valves today, well it seems that the AquaPlus does NOT have group functions. Looking through the manual only the Pro-logic has them. This makes no sense, i though the AquaPlus was a Pro-logic that came with the salt cell. Its nice to be able to hit a button to turn the valves but I got them for the specific reason to automate the spillover filtration.

Do I have any other options to do this? How can I filter both the spa and pool without going out there and manually hitting the button to move the valves?

ProLogic can also be purchased with a cell but it different controller than the AquaPlus. It doesn't look like the AquaPlus supports the group function although it does mention them in the manual which is a little odd.

ProLogic can also be purchased with a cell but it different controller than the AquaPlus. It doesn't look like the AquaPlus supports the group function although it does mention them in the manual which is a little odd.
Do i have any other options here? Could I run it for an hour in spa only mode once a day so it chlorinates just the spa? I see that I can set a timer for that.

Really bummed about this, my builder really dropped the ball with anything technology wise for this pool. The screwed up my lights by selling me the colorlogic 4.0 and a universal 320 CL for the spa. I found out that you cant sync a 320 with a 4.0 because you cant put the 320 into CL 4.0 mode like you can with the UCL pool lights.

Wouldn't hurt to ask for a swap out.

Otherwise, you can build in a spa bypass so it runs all the time when the pool runs. Or if you have an extra valve control, you could use that for the bypass valve so it is only part of the pool schedule.

1618692121327.png

Wouldn't hurt to ask for a swap out.

Otherwise, you can build in a spa bypass so it runs all the time when the pool runs. Or if you have an extra valve control, you could use that for the bypass valve so it is only part of the pool schedule.

View attachment 323864
Is there anything wrong with just running the spa in spa mode a few hours a day?
I can already tell from the light situation that they will not go for swapping this out, not to mention I installed the remote valves myself.

If you set the spa to run a few hours each day , you will need to set the temperature so the heater doesn’t come on when you are just filtering. Does the aqualogic allow you to set the swg to come on in spa mode?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.