Kingston, Tennessee
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
Original builder of pool installed us a new liner (27 mil). Old liner was ~17 yo. I'm excited to know that this liner won't experience the pH swings brought by excessive 3" tablet usage. I wont experience shocking and cloudy. It will enjoy (IMO) a less stressful life using the TFP method. It's amazing how little trouble (and $) my pool has become since switching. Some pictures...
WATER FILLING (2).jpgLINER READY.jpgLiner Out Re-surface (1).jpgRemoving Liner (2).jpg

Please post pics when it is full! I have been browsing liners...and when I see the manufacturers pic of a portion of that liner, I dont love it, but then I see pics installed with water, and it looks entirely different and i like it a lot. Ive narrowed it down to 3-4, and this is one of them.

Please post pics when it is full! I have been browsing liners...and when I see the manufacturers pic of a portion of that liner, I dont love it, but then I see pics installed with water, and it looks entirely different and i like it a lot. Ive narrowed it down to 3-4, and this is one of them.

Will Do! I have ~6" in the shallow end now...might be a while :)

What kind of shape was your old liner in? Just curious as I'm in a similar situation. Will need to replace my 11 year old liner at some point in the future. It has lost a lot of color since I've switched to TFP. I think that was partly due to adding bleach in the winter when the water was really cold and having my FC level too high for too long. But it is still holding water and I hope to be closer to 17 years of age before I have to replace it.

it was bad, it looked like the left sample when installed. I too have had problems getting my FC level down once I cover the pool. I finally learned to turn the Liquidator OFF and sample TC,FC,CC often. I cover when the leaf fall gets heavy (~Oct 1) and close when the water is ~60F (~Dec 1)...OLD (Corner View) (3).jpgOLD (End View) (8).jpgOld versus New.jpg

Wow. I think my liner was the same pattern as your original and is headed towards the fading yours is in. I'm hoping to replace the liner myself when the time comes, so hopefully it doesn't break the bank too badly for me.

How exciting that is getting a new liner!!

I had my liner replaced 2 years ago, after I bought the house.
They found the paperwork and the liner was 23 years old before it failed.

unbelievable!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
it's ~1/2" above the center of the skimmer mouth in the picture. My wife wishes more of the border showed...we may be running it lower than usual this season :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.