New IG Pool Build - Buckeye (Phoenix) AZ - Excited and Impatient!

Where did you buy the umbrellas?

Amazon. It looks like the price went up a little. If you look on the right hand side of the page, you will see Pebble Lane as a seller, they have them for $32.00 plus $10.50 shipping. When I bought them, they had a free shipping promotion. These do not have the tilt, I will post a link to the best priced one with tilt and crank, in case you want tilt. I bought one with tilt and 4 without, they are both super nice quality, feel like they should be $100+.

Without Tilt: Amazon.com : Ace Evert Market Umbrella 8011S, 9 ft, Polyester, Beige : Patio Umbrellas : Patio, Lawn Garden

With Tilt: Amazon.com : GotHobby 9ft Outdoor Patio Umbrella Aluminum w/ Tilt Crank - Tan : Patio, Lawn Garden

I also got some really nice zero gravity recliners for poolside and they were only $50 with free shipping. I just got them yesterday. I am blown away with the quality! Here is a link to them: Amazon.com : Caravan Sports Infinity Oversized Zero Gravity Chair, Beige : Patio Recliners : Patio, Lawn Garden

Amazon. It looks like the price went up a little. If you look on the right hand side of the page, you will see Pebble Lane as a seller, they have them for $32.00 plus $10.50 shipping. When I bought them, they had a free shipping promotion. These do not have the tilt, I will post a link to the best priced one with tilt and crank, in case you want tilt. I bought one with tilt and 4 without, they are both super nice quality, feel like they should be $100+.

Without Tilt: Amazon.com : Ace Evert Market Umbrella 8011S, 9 ft, Polyester, Beige : Patio Umbrellas : Patio, Lawn Garden

With Tilt: Amazon.com : GotHobby 9ft Outdoor Patio Umbrella Aluminum w/ Tilt Crank - Tan : Patio, Lawn Garden

I also got some really nice zero gravity recliners for poolside and they were only $50 with free shipping. I just got them yesterday. I am blown away with the quality! Here is a link to them: Amazon.com : Caravan Sports Infinity Oversized Zero Gravity Chair, Beige : Patio Recliners : Patio, Lawn Garden

Awesome, thank you! I need about 4 of these myself. Oh, those recliners are good too!

Added all to my wishlist!

Would you mind if I ask you a few questions? no problem, I love helping :) Everything is in bold

1. Is this something we can add at a later date or does it have to be done at install? it can be done anytime but it is a lot easier to have it done on install, it will help the pool company to know you are thinking about it so they can help choose options that will have less issues with salt (like no soft stone)

2. What is the average cost for equipment to make the pool salt water instead of chlorine? (We are on a tight budget and cannot really afford to spend much more.) that is the kicker, you will spend the same amount for chlorine over a 5 year time period, a SWG is upfront cost and bleach is a daily cost.. your size pool in AZ will probably use "about" a gallon a day (this all depends on CYA, temp of the pool, how much sun, etc)

3. Do I only need a salt water chlorine generator or is there more to it than that? You will need to add salt to the pool at first (about 350 pounds or so) and depending on splash out maybe a 20 to 40 pound bag a year

4. If we do salt water instead of chlorine, is there anything we might be able to alleviate that will help us absorb the cost of the salt water device? both do chlorine, a SWG creates it using the salt in the water or you will add bleach daily to add chlorine

I have no knowledge of how the salt water system works or what is involved with one but I do have a disease that makes my skin very sensitive and many times I feel like my body is lit on fire, so this would make perfect sense for me. I have psoriasis so I know all about skin conditions and I will not own a spa/hot tub/ or pool without a SWG, it helps so much its crazzy, the salt water soothes and heals my skin, it will also make you more buoyant in the pool

Thanks for any info.

I'm going for a SWG (Salt Water Generator) as well. My motivation was not having to haul around and store buckets of chlorine or as many bottles of bleach. You will have to clean the cell with Muratic Acid at least once per swim season (maybe more depending on chemistry balance and cell needs). The cell over time will die and need replacing. I've heard they last about 5-7~ years on avg based on care, few people on here have 10yr old swg cells. Costs about 300-400 to replace one, but supposedly this cost washes out to about the same or cheaper compared to chlorine tabs or bleach pools. The water is suppose to feel better and be more gentle on skin, suits, hair, etc. My PB says salt chlorination also makes less scaling to clean on the pool water tiles (not sure if true). Watch out for soft stones or metals around the pool though, the salt can be corrosive.

This forum has a great write up about them in pool school: Pool School - Salt Water Chlorine Generators

Would you mind if I ask you a few questions? no problem, I love helping :) Everything is in bold

1. Is this something we can add at a later date or does it have to be done at install? it can be done anytime but it is a lot easier to have it done on install, it will help the pool company to know you are thinking about it so they can help choose options that will have less issues with salt (like no soft stone)

2. What is the average cost for equipment to make the pool salt water instead of chlorine? (We are on a tight budget and cannot really afford to spend much more.) that is the kicker, you will spend the same amount for chlorine over a 5 year time period, a SWG is upfront cost and bleach is a daily cost.. your size pool in AZ will probably use "about" a gallon a day (this all depends on CYA, temp of the pool, how much sun, etc)

3. Do I only need a salt water chlorine generator or is there more to it than that? You will need to add salt to the pool at first (about 350 pounds or so) and depending on splash out maybe a 20 to 40 pound bag a year

4. If we do salt water instead of chlorine, is there anything we might be able to alleviate that will help us absorb the cost of the salt water device? both do chlorine, a SWG creates it using the salt in the water or you will add bleach daily to add chlorine

I have no knowledge of how the salt water system works or what is involved with one but I do have a disease that makes my skin very sensitive and many times I feel like my body is lit on fire, so this would make perfect sense for me. I have psoriasis so I know all about skin conditions and I will not own a spa/hot tub/ or pool without a SWG, it helps so much its crazzy, the salt water soothes and heals my skin, it will also make you more buoyant in the pool

Thanks for any info.

LOL, I am already buoyant enough....Haha. I have read that bigger people, float better....I should be able to float all the way to Cuba! LOL

I am going to call my PB on Monday and ask him about this. I will make sure we switch over now, I like the fact that it costs the same over time as chlorine, this is great. Thanks so much for all the help.

- - - Updated - - -

According to my builder's price sheet, each bubbler is 245 + additional feet of plumbing needed to reach to it (So mine was like 277). Other builder wanted 350-ish for 1.

I really wanted at least one bubbler for my 2 year old on the tanning shelf :) Will probably go for 2.

I was just thinking, I can get a free bubbler......I will just feed the old man a can of pork n' beans and stick him on the tanning ledge....he will bubble all day for me and for free, too! Haha

Thanks for the link on the SWG thread.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
:gone: OHMY! You sure do fit right in around here! LOVE it!

Kim

Awe, that is great! I like to fit in!

- - - Updated - - -

Others may correct me if I am wrong, but I would NEVER plant Oleanders next to a pool. I wouldn't have them period, but next to a pool is a recipe for disaster.

I am certainly open for suggestions....actually, the more I think about it, I bet there would be little flowers all over the place! Oleander's GONE! Next? Maybe Hop Bush?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for any info.

Wow! Thank you so much for all the info! We have discussed it and we will probably add this on later. We are so close to being over budget right now and it seems like every day we figure out something we need to buy that we had not planned. This is expensive! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for any info.

Wow! Thank you so much for all the info! We have discussed it and we will probably add this on later. We are so close to being over budget right now and it seems like every day we figure out something we need to buy that we had not planned. This is expensive! LOL

- - - Updated - - -

This morning was layout day. I feel so let down, not only was the excitement over in about 10 minutes, but the drawn out pool looks so much smaller than I had imagined. 27' X 15' looks a lot bigger when you measure it out on the inside of your house than it does staring at it in the backyard when it is drawn out in red spray paint!

I have to be honest with you, I was expecting more excitement...I feel like I was ripped off a little.....it was over before it started! Within 10 minutes they were in and out of our back yard. I was going to post photos but you can barely see the lines. Maybe when the sun goes down later tonight, I will be able to get a better photo.

Tomorrow is dig day! I am hoping once they dig the hole that I can get a better feel for the size and I hope I can get more excitement out of tomorrow because today was a dud! LOL

Small world! I'm in Buckeye as well and we had Caribbean do our build and Josh was our sales rep! We had about the same budget. We really liked Caribbean and several of our friends have used them since we built with them. Have fun with your build!

Can you go bigger? Even a few feet longer (less grass to mow!). Maybe you could call the PB and ask today.....before the dig?

We thought about that, but we have a dog who loves to go outside and we want him to have a little room to run and play. Right now, the grass area will only be about 14' X 25', so with his play area, the grill, fire pit, and other stuff, we really need the area we have left. I think I am just being a little paranoid right now about it being too small. It is just me and my husband and neither one of us can even swim, we will mostly splash and float, lol, so we don't need a bunch of room. I need it for doing water exercises and that is my main objective, it just looks small from a distance. I really hope I am right. Actually, I will call the pb right now and just see what it would cost to add about 5 more feet. Thanks!

One thing to consider (that shouldn't cost more right now) is to be sure that the plumber include enough space in your return line after the filter to add a SWCG in the future. It only takes a bit more planning and a little PVC pipe to include the extra space needed now. And it will make it MUCH easier to plumb in the SWCG at a later date (if you do decide to add it down the road).

Small world! I'm in Buckeye as well and we had Caribbean do our build and Josh was our sales rep! We had about the same budget. We really liked Caribbean and several of our friends have used them since we built with them. Have fun with your build!

Wow, go figure! Would you mind sharing a photo of your pool so I can see what it looks like? Sounds like we have about the same pool but Josh doesn't supply 3D so I have no clue what it will really look like. :)

- - - Updated - - -

One thing to consider (that shouldn't cost more right now) is to be sure that the plumber include enough space in your return line after the filter to add a SWCG in the future. It only takes a bit more planning and a little PVC pipe to include the extra space needed now. And it will make it MUCH easier to plumb in the SWCG at a later date (if you do decide to add it down the road).

Perfect, thanks for the advice. I will definitely talk to them about it and make sure it is done.

Here are the links to my build
New family from Buckeye, AZ

Construction update

Construction update

Filling it up FINALLY!!

- - - Updated - - -

Finished pic

Very nice! I can tell Josh designed it, almost identical to ours! In the photo you posted here, it looks like the acrylic lace is on the concrete but in the photos on the links you gave me, the acrylic lace had not been applied to the concrete yet, correct? We have 330 sq. ft. of decking included that will be connecting to our patio, which is just plain concrete. I was going to see about having it acid stained or something to give it some color but I am going to wait until they come to spray the acrylic lace on the decking area, then I am going to offer the person $500 to do my patio while they are at it. The patio is about 250 sq. ft., so I figure if they can do it for $2 sq. ft. then we are in business and everything will match, if not, I found a company that will acid stain it for $1 sq. ft. Either way, I plan to do something to the patio.

I love the pebble sheen finish! We got the Ultra Poz in blue, the pebble sheen would have made it about $1,000 more and we don't really have the money to splurge on it. Now that I see yours though, I might just call Josh one more time and bug him about changing the finish to pebble sheen. LOL. He is so tired of hearing from me, he is pawning me off to Kathi in the Gilbert office so he can get to his other clients. Haha.

Yes there are pics of the process without the acrylic and with. If you are going to approach the decking people to do some side work just make sure they know ahead of time that way they bring enough material and schedule the time. That's how we did the extension to our patio. We let our site Supervisor know what we wanted and he hooked us up with the right person. Then when they poured our decking they did the patio at a cash rate. When we purchased our pool they had a "free" pebble sheen upgrade available so we took advantage of that.

Yes there are pics of the process without the acrylic and with. If you are going to approach the decking people to do some side work just make sure they know ahead of time that way they bring enough material and schedule the time. That's how we did the extension to our patio. We let our site Supervisor know what we wanted and he hooked us up with the right person. Then when they poured our decking they did the patio at a cash rate. When we purchased our pool they had a "free" pebble sheen upgrade available so we took advantage of that.

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense. So you were able to call them ahead of time and tell them you wanted to negotiate a cash price for additional work? We already have the patio concrete, I wonder if they will do the acrylic lace topping for $2 sq. ft.? Caribbean wants $4 sq. ft. if they include it in the contract, so I am just hoping that the company will agree to half what Caribbean is charging us. Fingers crossed on that.

On their website, they have a 20th anniversary special and it says free pebble sheen but I am almost afraid to ask because I have asked a gazillion questions already and I think I am getting on his nerves, lol. I guess it doesn't hurt to bring it up, maybe I can talk to Kathi about it instead....I will just mention that it is on their website and ask them to change it for us. We already know the shade we would want.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.