New IG Geometric Pool in Phoenix Metro

JonV

Silver Supporter
Sep 20, 2018
Gilbert
Good morning TFP,

Been lurking and we are finally in process of having IG pool. Excavation is complete and plumbing is in place. However, I do have a question. Most of the IG pools built process showed dirt, plumbing pipes, rebar and shortcrete pour. However our pool pipes were buried in dirt after they are laid, is this correct? So my question is plumbing pipes in dirt under concrete is correct?

Regards,
Jon

Jon,

Having the plumbing in a wide trench going back to the equipment pad is normal. The trench is then covered in dirt and any decking, or concrete, is installed on top of that.

Thanks,

Jim R.

I would like to ask TFP experts regarding rebar and pool integrity. My current build is now waiting for shooting the shell but looking at our rebar I have a few questions:
1. I do not know the builder specs details but some of the rebar spacing on my pool is more than 12", some were at 14", will this be OK? Inspection passed by city so this is just for my comfort.
2. The steel crew originally ran the rebars too close to 2 Globrite housing, so a few days later, the bars around the area were cut (see pics). Should it be better had the crew bent the bars around the Globrites instead? With the bars cut will shell be weakened?

Attachments

• IMG_1265.jpeg
    IMG_1265.jpeg
    853.2 KB · Views: 29
4/6/19 Update - Waterline tile installed, waiting for decking.

Question - As members here are always reminded to measure pool depth as part of personal QA, how do I ensure my pool will be level now that the waterline tiles are installed? Will the long bubbler leveler work or do i need some other tools that the pros use? Thanks in advance.

Jon

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.