DiscipleDavid

Jun 2, 2021
Georgia, US.
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello, thanks for all of the help you provide to new people like me. I have a pool/spa combo and on the bottom of my spa are what I assume are two suction drains. However, there are also these red/brown hard as rock scales that are there and I can't get them to break off. Also, it looks like the things at the bottom here twist, I tried a little to no avail, but didn't want to try too hard, just in case its not supposed to turn. I'm at a loss as to why the spa suction isn't working. When I turn the valves to suck and return to spa then the pump stops filling up with water.

Attachments

• spa3.jpg
    spa3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 9
  • spa2.jpg
    spa2.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 9
  • spa1.jpg
    spa1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
It looks like some kind of plug in the drain. Can you loosen them and pull them out?
Thank you, they were definitely plugs and now the spa has a suction ability! I was also able to break apart the red scales and vacuum much of it up. I checked with two types of strips and with the pool store. I was surprised to see that it wasn't iron, copper, or calcium. I'm at a complete loss. It's mostly clean now though so I'm happy to report things are looking good. I appreciate your confirmation on the plugs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.