Phoenix, Arizona
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hello TFP! We recently moved in to a new house with a beautiful two year old pool. We had a pool professional at the old place but I think it's time to try this out for myself. Here's what I know so far:

- ~6800 gallon pool with a ~600 gallon spa
- Pentair EasyTouch control system (with ScreenLogic)
- Pentair IntelliFlo VS pump
- Pentair IntelliChlor IC-40 SWCG
- Pentair BioShield UV system
- Pentair Clean & Clear cartridge filter
- Pentair MasterTemp 400 heater
- A&A in-floor pool cleaning system (6 zone?)

I've ordered a TF test kit, but until it gets here I ran a test at Leslie's and here is where I'm at:

FC 4.5, pH 8.4, TA 120, CH 233, 5 CYA, 4133 Salt

It looks like my first order of business is to get that pH down? I just added about 16 oz of muriatic acid and am letting that mix.

The SWCG reads 5400ppm of salt, I'm wondering if the delta from Leslie's test means it's ready for cleaning? The chlorine was very low when I tested it initially so I ran it in superchlorinate for the last 24 hours which brought it up to the 4.5 on Leslie's test.

I will attach some pictures of the system, there are a lot of valves and I might need some help learning to operate everything.

Thank you and my apologies in advance for what will no doubt be a long series of silly questions!

Craig

Attachments

• IMG_2295.jpg
    IMG_2295.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2296.jpg
    IMG_2296.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2297.jpg
    IMG_2297.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 8
You can drain about 25-30% of you water to lower you Salt level, but i would wait for you test kit. I hope you order the salt version. Keep everything going as you are just dont make drastic changes until the kit arrives.

Thank you!! While I'm waiting for my test kit, I have a couple of questions about equipment ops. I am attaching screenshots of the ScreenLogic app for reference.

I don't understand if the modes, i.e. Pool, Spa, Spillway, Cleaner, and Jets, are only enabled once at a time or can be overlapped. The way things are set up now, when in "Pool" mode the spa does spill over into the pool a bit. I'm not really sure what "Spillway" does at all or when it would be enabled. Also, when in Pool mode I don't think any water is coming through the returns? I only feel water coming through the cleaner heads.

I would be very grateful if someone could give me a rundown, or if there's a link to a wiki doc or previous thread I missed I'd take that too. Thankfully there are some labels on the pipes and valves that you can see in the pictures, but I've been unable to wrap my head around the maze yet. If more pictures would help, just let me know and I will add them!

Attachments

• image6.png
    image6.png
    61.9 KB · Views: 5
  • image3.png
    image3.png
    36.2 KB · Views: 4
  • image2.png
    image2.png
    43.7 KB · Views: 4
  • image1.png
    image1.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 4
I guess you can only upload four attachments at a time? Here are the other two.

Attachments

• image4.png
    image4.png
    75.3 KB · Views: 2
  • image5.png
    image5.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 2
No takers here? Would it be better to post my question in Pumps, Filters, and Plumbing?
Maybe post in automation

Reactions: cwb71